1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Link Proxy purpose

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by BentDreams, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BentDreams

BentDreams Active Member

I have looked but can't find an explanation of what exact the Link Proxy does and how it benefits a forum.

I use the Image Proxy and it is great for a performance boost, but I don't want to enable the link proxy without having an idea of what it's purpose and benefit is.

Thanks!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's mostly for logging/analysis purposes, especially with the referrer tracking in 1.5.

3. empire

empire Well-Known Member

Is it possible to turn it on per node, or is there an add-on for that? There are a few areas we'd like to track, but not the whole forum.

4. BentDreams

BentDreams Active Member

Ok, so just for me to get insights into what links are being followed and trends related to those links right?

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a global on-off.

It's not going to be as detailed as with a dedicated analytics service, but it will at least give you some details of the most popular links and (if referrer tracking is enabled) the page that is causing the clicks.

6. BentDreams

BentDreams Active Member

Thanks. I'll have to play with it a bit as a way to check up on my affiliate stats... ;)