Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.8.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
So this aren't start from today date? This should be start from date, when I renewing my license. Xenforo and others add-on renewal doing this.

Dear customer, these are the terms by which we provide the services. We do our best to provide the best service possible, and very often it is not because the yearly fee you pay covers our expenses, but because we enjoy doing what we do and we would like to keep our promises even if now we have other projects which are many times more profitable then implementing this enhancement that only you have requested. We hope you enjoy the product and our constant service and would appreciate if you would not discuss here price details related to paying 3-4$ more or less.

Thank you!

How can select Delete Thread or post are soft or hard delete? Can be add option move to another forum?

There is no such option, hard delete is applied.

The next feature we plan for this add-on is moving alert system to a separate system with front-end page listing for users with their broken links. Other options may be implemented later. No ETA for now.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: missing files from the package

The release fixes some missing files from the last package.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

We've been having issues with missing file errors while running jobs with Link Checker, and installed the 2.6.1 today, now everywhere there was an image on our forums has a "Link Removed" caption. We need to fix this asap, what do we do?

We've been having issues with missing file errors while running jobs with Link Checker, and installed the 2.6.1 today, now everywhere there was an image on our forums has a "Link Removed" caption. We need to fix this asap, what do we do?

The error you have reported was just a PHP error that would stop execution of the batch update. What you see is obviously the result of successul batch updates. You see to have Batch Update tool to replace all instances of images (maybe broken ones only or all, depending on your criteria) with deletion message. Here is a screenshot showing how the batch update page looks when you choose to delete the tags:

You can see in the preview what is going to happen exactly. The changes are not reversible, unfortunately, so if you have executed this update all you can do is restoring your data from a backup.

Just let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

We maintain a fairly large forum with well over 500,000 posts and average about 300 posts a day. We can't simply restore a backup from 2 days ago before this happened and lose hundreds of new posts and new member registrations.

Our admins have been trying to figure this out for hours now without doing a full backup restore. Is there a set of tables for links in the database that could be restored instead of a full backup?

We didn't delete our links, some glitch had to be the cause. This has never happened to us in the course of 16 years running this forum.

We maintain a fairly large forum with well over 500,000 posts and average about 300 posts a day. We can't simply restore a backup from 2 days ago before this happened and lose hundreds of new posts and new member registrations.

Our admins have been trying to figure this out for hours now without doing a full backup restore. Is there a set of tables for links in the database that could be restored instead of a full backup?

xf_post table is the on that contains post messages. The product updates post content directly, so you could try to find all posts with "Link Removed" message in them, use some script that would take the message from the original post from a backup and comparing two would recover what was the link on that position and writing the updated post back to the database again. This process itself may be quite dangerous and needs to be carefully coded and tested before running on a live database.

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

@JasonJaz , a simpler approach to take would be running a query to restore the content of all posts to the state they were in at the moment of the last backup. For that, you just need to restore the backup into another database and write a query that updates xf_post table of the live board with the message of xf_post table in the backup. This would not affect new posts in any way but if there are posts which were also manually edited in these two days these manual edits would be lost. A carefully written query should be enough for this approach, no need for a script that parses the message to find the removed links.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: RuntimeException: The entity handled by this page is expected to be XF:Thread

Fixes a bug in Admin Panel Manage Tags page:

RuntimeException: The entity handled by this page is expected to be XF:Thread

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

installed the AddOn, assigned rights to admin group, now I don't see a rebuild page under tools, nor are invalid links marked in the posts.
If I go to "check dead links", no links are found at all. No matter if I use internal, external, a dedicated domain - just nothing. Is there a step by step guid for dummies available ? would apprecciate it.

installed the AddOn, assigned rights to admin group, now I don't see a rebuild page under tools, nor are invalid links marked in the posts.
If I go to "check dead links", no links are found at all. No matter if I use internal, external, a dedicated domain - just nothing. Is there a step by step guid for dummies available ? would apprecciate it.

Thank you for the purchase. We have updated FAQ section with instructions for the basic usage:

Thank you!

We started doing video instructions by simply recording the desktop and walking people through how to use.

This would be a great idea to clear up confusion and reduce support questions for the addons. Especially for people that never used similar addons.

@JasonJaz , a simpler approach to take would be running a query to restore the content of all posts to the state they were in at the moment of the last backup. For that, you just need to restore the backup into another database and write a query that updates xf_post table of the live board with the message of xf_post table in the backup. This would not affect new posts in any way but if there are posts which were also manually edited in these two days these manual edits would be lost. A carefully written query should be enough for this approach, no need for a script that parses the message to find the removed links.

Thank you!

This is what we did and it fixed everything, thank you for your suggestions. I wanted to do this originally but it was great hearing it from you as well.

We actually did a current back up and pulled threads that have been manually edited by member or moderators throughout the period of the last back up after we restored original unedited posts. Worked well.

Top Bottom