Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.8.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
Again, this is not a bug in the add-on itself, but a limitation enforced by XenForo. We will open a bug-report and see if XenForo developers will consider changing the API and we will proceed with our product's change appropriately.

@AddonsLab This issue have been fixed for XF release 2.1.4, Also we made invoice payment but my License sitll Expired. I think this are not automatically update after invoice payment?

@AddonsLab This issue have been fixed for XF release 2.1.4, Also we made invoice payment but my License sitll Expired. I think this are not automatically update after invoice payment?

We will release a fix once XenForo 2.1.4 is released.

We have fixed your license, the issue was due to the fact that you have paid the renewal after your service was expired. Further payments will extend the license automatically.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Dependency added: [AL] Core package

This is a minor release, that changes the way the add-on is using some of our shared PHP classes. From now on, the add-on will require a core library package from https://xenforo.com/community/resources/al-core-package.7382/ to be installed. Please download the package and install it before upgrading the add-on. Please upgrade all other AddonsLab add-ons you are using to their latest versions if you see an error in the Admin Panel about files with unexpected content.

The new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab I have get response here. Please can you give your change to this Developers for updates.

I am not sure what is the developer means by making our add-on compatible with his and why we should make any changes to his add-on, even if it is open source. The original issue is due to an issue in XenForo itself and it is fixed, there is no bug in our add-on. Our add-on just uses moderation actions in the back-end, which is a valid and legitimate use of it. Any add-on using this listener should take into account that the app object might be an admin app and not a public one.

If they are not sure what is the problem, here is a screenshot for the event they use:

1568415173883.webp

And here is their code for the listener:

1568415275027.webp

XF\Pub\App should be XF\App as XenForo documentation shows now. It is just a one-word change that has nothing to do with Link Checker add-on.

Thank you!

I am not sure what is the developer means by making our add-on compatible with his and why we should make any changes to his add-on, even if it is open source. The original issue is due to an issue in XenForo itself and it is fixed, there is no bug in our add-on. Our add-on just uses moderation actions in the back-end, which is a valid and legitimate use of it. Any add-on using this listener should take into account that the app object might be an admin app and not a public one.

If they are not sure what is the problem, here is a screenshot for the event they use:

View attachment 210336

And here is their code for the listener:

View attachment 210337

XF\Pub\App should be XF\App as XenForo documentation shows now. It is just a one-word change that has nothing to do with Link Checker add-on.

Thank you!

OK ! I am asked to @batpool52! if he have a chance for give compatible update. Thanks

@AddonsLab Does this addon required curl_setopt function? Addon required only CURL PHP extension? I am getting server error log after enabled snuffleupagus Protective PHP Hardening Extension. Also image link postings aren't working. Members can't make post with images link.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: [snuffleupagus][disabled_function] Aborted execution on call of the function 'curl_setopt', because its argument '$option' content (64) matched the rule 'Please don't turn CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYCLIENT off.'
src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Library/Service/RemoteClient.php:191
Generated by:
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "/forums/bdesi-picture.84/post-thread"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://mysite.com/forums/bdesi-picture.84/post-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
    ["title"] => string(25) "Amateur Girls Next Door 2"
    ["message_html"] => string(157) "H]</p>"
    ["tokens_select"] => string(7) "amateur"
    ["tags"] => string(14) "girls, amateur"
    ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
    ["watch_thread_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfSet"] => array(3) {
      ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
      ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["poll"] => array(6) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["new_responses"] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
      ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
      ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
      ["hide_poll_results_form"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["nodeId"] => string(2) "84"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/forums/bdesi-picture.84/post-thread"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
@AddonsLab Does this addon required curl_setopt function? Addon required only CURL PHP extension? I am getting server error log after enabled snuffleupagus Protective PHP Hardening Extension. Also image link postings aren't working. Members can't make post with images link.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: [snuffleupagus][disabled_function] Aborted execution on call of the function 'curl_setopt', because its argument '$option' content (64) matched the rule 'Please don't turn CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYCLIENT off.'
src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Library/Service/RemoteClient.php:191
Generated by:
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "/forums/bdesi-picture.84/post-thread"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://mysite.com/forums/bdesi-picture.84/post-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
    ["title"] => string(25) "Amateur Girls Next Door 2"
    ["message_html"] => string(157) "H]</p>"
    ["tokens_select"] => string(7) "amateur"
    ["tags"] => string(14) "girls, amateur"
    ["watch_thread_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfSet"] => array(3) {
      ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["poll"] => array(6) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["new_responses"] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
      ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
      ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
      ["hide_poll_results_form"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["nodeId"] => string(2) "84"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/forums/bdesi-picture.84/post-thread"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

The function exists if CURL exists. The error is due to your extension disabling the ability to use CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, which we use to turn off SSL checks when we are checking for file validity. If SSL checks are enabled, some links that work otherwise would fail the SSL check. I can't remember exactly, but I think we have disabled it as some links you have reported were not working.

We will re-enable SSL check and release a new version soon. Please apply it and let us know if it solved the issue.

Also image link postings aren't working. Members can't make post with images link.

It could be caused by the issue above, just double-check when the patch is applied.

Thank you!

Please confirm if you are using our add-on Link Checker. If so, please enable the option "Disable Front-End Features" and see if the error is resolved. If so, please confirm at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/link-checker-for-xenforo-2-x-by-addonslab-paid.143075/ and we will troubleshoot it further.

Thank you!
Yes I do. That option is disabled from beggining.
And another problem with this addon is that front features is showed even if they are disabled in ACP.
I have 1000+ approval queue and I do not choose that.
If I disabled addon, queues are deleted, bt when I enabled addon they are show up again in front end,

Yes I do. That option is disabled from beggining.
And another problem with this addon is that front features is showed even if they are disabled in ACP.
If I disabled addon, queues are deleted, bt when I enabled addon they are show up again in front end,

Thank you for the report, we will investigate it asap and update here.

Thank you!

@Xon
Some errors. I will tag also @AddonsLab because their addon is related in error too.

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Template error: Method canTriggerCacheUpdate is not callable on the given object (SV\BookmarkEssentials\XF\Entity\Post) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:999
Generated by: Unknown account 11.11.2019. at 21:27
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canTrigg...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 999, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(999): trigger_error('Method canTrigg...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/post_macros.php(467): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\BookmarkEssentials\XF\Entity\Post), 'canTriggerCache...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(706): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\BookmarkEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_view.php(661): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1320): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\BookmarkEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#6 src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/XF/Template/Templater.php(67): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "/threads/opcenito-o-rolama-savjeti-i-iskustva.701/"
  ["referrer"] => string(23) "https://www.google.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/opcenito-o-rolama-savjeti-i-iskustva_701/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

We have verified that this error is related to our add-on, but also it is clear that it is not the add-on causing the error, but it is a conflict with another add-on, which most likely does not follow XenForo coding standards. The object in question is of type \XF\Entity\Post, and we in our product have extended this object and added the method canTriggerCacheUpdate The only way the object would miss the method is if another add-on extends the same entity, but does not use "XFCP" syntax as per XenForo requirements. So, any file extending Post entity should look like:

PHP:
class  Post extends XFCP_Post
{

}

It is very likely one of the add-ons you use has it like this:

PHP:
class  Post extends \XF\Entity\Post
{

}

Please confirm with @Xon if Bookmark Essentials add-on extends the Post entity properly. If so, I am afraid there is no easy to find out which of your add-ons causes the issue.

Anyway, we have modified our product not to make the call at all if front-end features are disabled via the Admin Panel.

The option in the admin panel is regarding the icons shown next to the links and the "Check links" link under the post. I believe these ones don't show up when front-end features are disabled.

The option to disable the moderation queue is "Disable Moderation Queue". Just enable it and the links will not be added to the queue anymore. With the latest version, it will also remove all existing moderated links if you disable the option via Admin Panel.

We will release the next version now.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Missing Link status icons on XenForo 2.1.x

This is a bug-fix update that fixes missing Link status icons on XenForo 2.1.x. It is also enhanced to delete existing moderated links from the moderation queue if the option &quot;Disable Moderation Queue&quot; is activated.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please confirm with @Xon if Bookmark Essentials add-on extends the Post entity properly. If so, I am afraid there is no easy to find out which of your add-ons causes the issue.
I've checked all my add-ons, and all of them use XFCP system when extending an XF class.

Auditing this sort of thing is quite nasty, I use this grep statement to find most spots which extend a class without using the class proxy system that look to extend some XF thing;
Code:
grep -R extends src/addons/ | grep -v src/addons/XF | grep XF | grep -v XFCP | grep class | grep -v _output | grep -v _vendor | grep -v Abstract

It will likely return false positives, but dramatically narrows down the list for a developer to check.

Ultimately the fastest way for a user is to disable half the add-ons, and keep disabling halff of the active add-ons until the error goes away. Then re-enable add-ons till the error comes back. This should allow the problematic add-on to be quickly identified.

Last edited:
Hello,

It may be a bad configuration on my part but some links are not verified, some links can't be reported whether it is verified or not and the "Alert User Information" option does not work for me despite what is well configured (704=>Bot)

Hello, @ratix_gunz

Please check our FAQ regarding the basic steps of configuration and make sure you have followed them. You can also find some additional information there, like why some links may have invalid status but actually work and vise versa.

Regarding alerts, I am not sure what could be the problem, if the board is configured correctly. If the links are not fully checked yet, there may be many background tasks pending to run, and when you post a link it might not be verified immediately due to a large queue, but it will eventually be checked and the alert will be sent.

Please open a ticket at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3 if the issues persist and we will assist you further.

Thank you!

Top Bottom