Link Checker by AddonsLab

Link Checker by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.17.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
If a link is just temporarily offline, will a future scan bring it back?

No, links are not re-scanned automatically unless the content is edited, or admin triggers re-check of all or some particular links via admin panel interface. Admin can select links by status (e.g. all links that failed) and trigger a scan for that links only.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

No, links are not re-scanned automatically unless the content is edited, or admin triggers re-check of all or some particular links via admin panel interface. Admin can select links by status (e.g. all links that failed) and trigger a scan for that links only.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!
So the actual URL action on failure is not to remove the URL from the DB. We just replace it with "URL not available" or similar text. Then on re-scan, if the link works, we turn it back on. Am I right?

I assume things like parked pages, or links leading to malicious sites are not handled by this tool, right?

AddonsLab updated Link Checker by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Performance optimizations and server overload prevention

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug-fix regarding URL redirects

This is a bug-fix version solving two issues regarding invalid URL redirect:

1. URLs with status 403 are shown as valid but don't redirect
2. URL redirects are not active if the user does not have permission to see the status of the link

Thank you!

Feature request:

Use Google Search Console API to retrieve broken links, the pages these are on and mark as fixed.
See: https://developers.google.com/webma...pi-original/v3/urlcrawlerrorssamples#resource
https://developers.google.com/webma...pi-original/v3/urlcrawlerrorssamples#resource
With the parameter urlDetails.linkedFromUrls[] you can fetch pages where the dead link resides.
After a moderator has checked the page, the method MarkedAsFixed can be used to let Google know the issue has been resolved:
https://developers.google.com/webma...original/v3/urlcrawlerrorssamples/markAsFixed

Feature request:

Use Google Search Console API to retrieve broken links, the pages these are on and mark as fixed.
See: https://developers.google.com/webma...pi-original/v3/urlcrawlerrorssamples#resource
https://developers.google.com/webma...pi-original/v3/urlcrawlerrorssamples#resource
With the parameter urlDetails.linkedFromUrls[] you can fetch pages where the dead link resides.
After a moderator has checked the page, the method MarkedAsFixed can be used to let Google know the issue has been resolved:
https://developers.google.com/webma...original/v3/urlcrawlerrorssamples/markAsFixed

Thank you for the suggestion. I definitely see the use case for the suggested feature, but the integration with Google API seems to be quite time-consuming, and even when implemented, it can be source of many bug-reports and issues, which are actually not the fault of the product (e.g. the fixed page does not get updated in Google database etc.) So, for now, we will not work on this one and will continue providing mostly bug-fix updates for our product, but will have this in mind and implement as soon as we are done with other, higher priority tasks.

Thank you!

Cookie support for remote requests

This release implements cookie support for remote requests, which solves the issues with remote servers, that put cookies during the first request to their server and require the agent to accept the cookies, otherwise, an infinite redirect to the same URL happens. This was implemented to fix the issue with box.com URLs.

Please consider posting a review if you...

No, attachments are not handled by the product now. We could add a support for it, but we are busy with some other projects for now. We should manage to implement at least minimal support (to delete the attachments not found) this month.

Thank you!

Are attachments already checked? Deleted a few thousand (photobucket images uploaded) so comes in handy to remove the attach links.

Are attachments already checked? Deleted a few thousand (photobucket images uploaded) so comes in handy to remove the attach links.

We didn't manage to work on this yet, unfortunately, but we will do so as promised. The technical difficulty in this case is that attachments don't have a URL to be checked, but the check should be done with a DB query. The product is so far written assuming that each tag has a URL to check, so this will require some refactoring and reorganization of product's code. Anyway, we have scheduled this for the next week, we will handle it and confirm here once the implementation is ready.

Thank you!

We didn't manage to work on this yet, unfortunately, but we will do so as promised. The technical difficulty in this case is that attachments don't have a URL to be checked, but the check should be done with a DB query. The product is so far written assuming that each tag has a URL to check, so this will require some refactoring and reorganization of product's code. Anyway, we have scheduled this for the next week, we will handle it and confirm here once the implementation is ready.

Thank you!

When an attachment is deleted the attach code is placed in the post (click to see attachment) as an URL if i am correct. Example: ...com/attachments/3647583

With xf2 the attach code is removed when deleting an image i just see :p which is great. Not sure if this happens when deleting them from the acp.

Last edited:
When an attachment is deleted the attach code is placed in the post (click to see attachment) as an URL if i am correct. Example: ...com/attachments/3647583

With xf2 the attach code is removed when deleting an image i just see :p which is great. Not sure if this happens when deleting them from the acp.

Yes, it shows the attachment as a link, but in BB Code of the post, you can see it is still using ATTACH tags.

We will check the behavior in XenForo 2.x in details and implement the feature in XenForo 2.x as well if needed.

Thank you!

Attachment check and minor fixes

In this version we have implemented attachment validity check. Attachments added to post text can now be checked and will be reported as not found if the attachment with that ID does not exist any longer.

In this version we have also fixed the bug with "403 Forbidden" links be considered as valid (as designed) but appearing in Moderation Queue as invalid. On installation the status of these links will be changed to "449 Retry With", and using Admin -> Tools -> Links -> Rebuild Data page you...

Attachment check and minor fixes

In this version we have implemented attachment validity check. Attachments added to post text can now be checked and will be reported as not found if the attachment with that ID does not exist any longer.

In this version we have also fixed the bug with "403 Forbidden" links be considered as valid (as designed) but appearing in Moderation Queue as invalid. On installation the status of these links will be changed to "449 Retry With", and using Admin -> Tools -> Links -> Rebuild Data page you...

Does the latest version work with bd attachment store? (xfrocks)

It is not tested but based on product description there should not be any conflicts. Our add-on directly parses post content and detects ATTACH tags, and based on ID, checks if the attachment exists in the database. It does not check if the file associated with the attachment exists or no, so should not be affected by how the attachments are stored.

Bug-fix: saving empty post after removal of all links produces a PHP error

This update fixes an issue for posts, which consist of links only, which are deleted in batch. The resulting post is an empty text (or a text containing new lines and tabs only), and XenForo fails to save this post back to the DB. The update makes sure, that, in case of empty post content the post gets deleted itself, instead of trying to save it with an empty message.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at...

I recently set this up on our forum, love the addon and the rich features!

Unfortunately, we have had some trouble with it. When the addon is enabled, it drastically increases TTFB - that is, when first visiting the site, it takes a very long time to load (15-30 seconds). Once the forum loads I can click around to different pages, post things, etc. and it is very fast. It's only when closing out of my browser for a while and then going back that the initial load is painfully slow. If I disable the Link Checker add-on, the problem goes away.

Any ideas on why this might be happening, and how we can fix it? Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom