Link Check

Link Check 1.7

No permission to download
It works on my test forum but my test forum only has 100 posts.

It doesn't seem to work for me on my other forum which has many many links and posts.

When i click on Link Check. It shows this in the brower circle.webp

After maybe 1 minute it turns into a blank page.

These are my settings:link.webp

i think i overloaded it,

Last edited:
I'm getting this message when trying to update from 1.4 to 1.5:

Callback Andy_LinkCheck_CronEntry_LinkCheck::runLinkCheck is invalid (Invalid Class).

-----

EDIT: Even though a manual upload of the zip file didn't fix the issue, I was able to take care of it by manually uploading the files into /library/Andy/ and THEN import just the .xml. I'm not sure if it was related; however, an earlier install had evidently put LinkCheck into /library/library/Andy instead of /library/Andy ...which was odd.

Last edited:
Firstly Andy, Thank you for sharing :)

I was unable to check more than 100 links at a time as everything above this produces a time out error.

I increased the max_execution_time to 120 in php setting which resolved the issue but am not sure if increasing this value will cause problems with any of my other scripts.

Is there anyway that the addon can check the links in batches?

Last edited:
Thanks @AndyB!
I started to use it. The problem is that I have a forum with 548k messages and lots of broken links, a huge task to check all threads and "unlink" (removes the link but leaves the link text intact) manually:

1º Detect broken link
2º Add a option to unlink:
2.1 Using something like "Post content replacement tool", look for http://example.com and delete everything OR leave just "example.com"
2.2 That combined with a mass select feature like "user moderation - mass select", so it would be easier to select several broken links simultaneously.

Is it possible to add this feature?

That would make yours a really useful addon!
Thanks for sharing your work :)

This is the only thing missing in this plugin so it would be perfect... can you do this? I would not mind to donate some money to you ;)

Hello,

I installed the addon and by initiating tghe serach I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /srv/www/vhosts/RettForum/library/Andy/LinkCheck/ControllerPublic/LinkCheck.php on line 154

curl is installed and up to date.

Can you help?
Thanks
Ulli

I wish that this addon does help me remove broken links automatically from posts (eg it lists 100 links that it's about to remove then let you remove them by clicking a button). My board has too many broken links so fixing them all manually is impossible!

Hey there Andy,

Here is an error that I am getting on the upgrade..

Error
Developer: option_value is not a valid array (linkCheckExcludeForums)

As always Andy pulls through, upgraded to the newest version tonight and all the errors went away...

Thank you Andy, you are one of the most accommodating people I have ever met.

Hi,
I am only be able to check 2 posts at a time, more than that it gives a time out error. My max_execution_limit is 300. I am using nginx. Thanks :)

I'd like to check our entire 1.7 million post site. What's the highest number anyone has been able to configure this to check in one pass? :)

Top Bottom