1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link Check 1.5

Verifies links in posts are valid and reports any which return HTTP status code 404.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Link Check - Verifies links in posts are valid and report any which return error code 404.

Read more about this resource...
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Wow this is awesome man.
  3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Going to try this out. Thank you very much.
  4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Likely this will expose thousands of dead links. Please add a function to have dead link reports show up in the report center, so that the appropriate moderator can take care of it.
  5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

6. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Nice add-on, thanks. Is it possible to have an automated system that would check X link every Y minutes and report to admins (just extending what @Alfa1 has suggested).
    Basically replication what WordPress has already have:

Alfa1, Breixo and BassMan like this.
  7. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

This addon has a really good start, I'd like to see future versions adding features like mentioned automatic link checker :)
  8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Breixo likes this.
  9. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

Thanks @AndyB!
    I started to use it. The problem is that I have a forum with 548k messages and lots of broken links, a huge task to check all threads and "unlink" (removes the link but leaves the link text intact) manually:

1º Detect broken link
    2º Add a option to unlink:
    2.1 Using something like "Post content replacement tool", look for http://example.com and delete everything OR leave just "example.com"
    2.2 That combined with a mass select feature like "user moderation - mass select", so it would be easier to select several broken links simultaneously.

Is it possible to add this feature?

That would make yours a really useful addon!
    Thanks for sharing your work :)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    DRaver and Mouth like this.
  10. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

As it stands it is depressingly awkward to use and lacks three things that are important.

1. I'd like to see a 'next x' link where x = limit.

2. The mod currently works backwards, starting at the most recent content. It would be useful to have a switch to work forward so we can start at post 1 - Think this is needed because it is older content that is far more likely to have missing links.

3. Please detect and trap bad urls to prevent errors like this:-
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  11. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

12. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Active Member

I get the following error, when it's set to 404 only. The page loads if I use all errors.:
    An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/carpedie/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 43
    6. NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->getJoinedOptionsForNav() in NodesAsTabs/NavTabs.php at line 25
    7. NodesAsTabs_NavTabs::createNodeTabs()
    8. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
    9. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 493
    10. XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 373
    11. XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 612
    12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/carpedie/public_html/index.php at line 13
  13. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

If more than 50 posts are checked, my page is displaying a generic "504 Gateway Time-out". How do i fix this?
  14. OakleyForum

OakleyForum Active Member

I get this error when trying to install:

15. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I suggest you install the add-on again. Sometimes files are not copied correctly for whatever reason and this is the error you get when that happens.
  16. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

OakleyForum likes this.
  17. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

How are people cleaning up these links? What if the downtime is temporary?
  18. DRaver

DRaver Active Member

Is it also working for internal links from tags to a deleted member profile?
  19. Scharesoft

Scharesoft Active Member

Thanks for this addon!

It would be great if you would add a link to the link checker somewhere (For example into the account popup). Or did I just miss a link?
  20. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member