XF 1.3 Limiting forum access based on post levels

Thanks so i have created a user promotion with criteria user is logged in and has made at least 50 posts but how to i apply that to a specific forum? Basically i want users to be standard registered users but for people to post in the sales forum area of our site they must have 50 post at least

Thanks so i have created a user promotion with criteria user is logged in and has made at least 50 posts but how to i apply that to a specific forum? Basically i want users to be standard registered users but for people to post in the sales forum area of our site they must have 50 post at least

You can do that with the permission tab for that specific forum. Alternatively have a look at my mod. It does precisely that.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/posts-to-enter-forums-on-a-forum-per-forum-basis.1297/

You then need to set the permission on a node level - ACP - Applications - Node Tree. Select the permissions option towards the middle then just tweak each permission set as you want it to work with that node

ok so stuck with user promotions and groups.

I have set up a user promotion that after 50 posts will promote the registered user to the full member group. However after running the cron it seems non of those users with 50+ posts are displayed as full members. Any ideas?

Ok so i seem to have figured this BUT oddly after running the cron and taking a look around at users it seems not all were promoted why would this be? They meet the criteria for the promotion yet there accounts were not promoted so far i found two users which i know i can do manually but just odd why it left them out.

Last edited:
Ok So i have just used user batch update search to find all users with over 50 posts and seems there are many many users that have not been promoted. I dont understand whats going on here Please someone explain.

So only 21 users out of 213 that should have been upgraded have been is this promotion system broken or is it just me? I have run the cron a couple of times but thats it just 21 users.

Hmm so if a users who has over 50 posts and currently shows a member once they login they will be promoted to full members as per the promotion system. If this is the case its not working as i have members who have logged in in the last ten mins or so who fits the criteria yet they have not been promoted.

Run the "Rebuild User Group Promotions" cache rebuilder. If it doesn't promote the people you expect, check the criteria in your promotion.

Ok I really seem to be running into a problem with the user group promotions.

It seems to work for some but not others. I am aware it upgrades recently active users and runs on a cron which I have now set to run every 10 mins to see if that helped but did not.
If I rebuild the cache that fixes it for some users that we're not upgraded correctly but then dumps others back to registered user group. I have left it for several hours now and still there are many users who meet the criteria and have been active many times but still have not been upgraded. Is there a bug or is it my forum?

The recently active thing does this mean logged in or actually making posts?

What are all of the relevant criteria and groups involved?

If members are being promoted and then demoted, it is because they no longer meet the criteria.

The criteria is really simple.

They need at least 50 posts and are not already in the full member group.

So I have standard registered group and full member group. They get promoted to full member group when they have 50 posts or more. This enables me to restrict posting ability in one area until members have 50+ posts.

Top Bottom