XF 1.2 Limit which user groups can create new threads in forum

ProCom

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't figure out if there's a way to limit who can create new threads in a specific forum.

Example: I have an "Official Polls" forum and I only want Admin & Moderators to be able to start new threads, but I want all members to be able to reply to threads with messages.

I see the option: "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum", but I don't think that's what I want since I believe that restricts it to no new posts / replies, correct?

Is there a setting that will allow me to only let admins & mods start new threads but allow all members to reply?

Go into your Node Tree and click Permissions next to your Official Polls forum. Select the Registered usergroup, and under Forum Permissions, revoke Post New Thread. Then, give that permission to your Admins & Mods.

Ha! Thanks also. This is exactly what i was looking for to limit posting in a news forum I have. I guess the reason you have to give permissions in the other groups you listed is because if you didn't then they would inherit the revoked setting you made under registered users.

Top Bottom