1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Likes summary without names

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RichardKYA, Sep 11, 2015.

1. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

I had a search and couldn't find an answer for this, if there is one, please point me to it :)

Anyway, is there a way that I can have the likes summary without usernames being displayed?

At the moment, you have something like: "John, Barry, Alfonso and 23 others like this"

I would prefer just to have "26 likes".

Thank you
    51463 likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There isn't really an built-in way to change that, but you could look at changing the likes_summary template to not use <xen:likes /> and just print out what you want.
  3. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the tip.

I think I'm getting things how I want them, I've put the like count in place of the phrase "{xen:if $post.like_date, {xen:phrase unlike}, {xen:phrase like}}", but when the link is clicked, it gets replaced with either "Like" or "Unlike" until the page is refreshed, how can I change it so that the like count is displayed all the time?

To help explain what I mean, at the moment, it works a bit like this...

Likes (34) > click "Like" > "Unlike" displays in place of "Likes (34)" > refresh page > Likes (35)

...how can I have...

Likes (34) > click "Like" > Likes (35) ?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks again
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would require custom development.