Design issue  Likes in profile comments after username change

JVCode

Likes.webp
As you can see from the pic, the "likes" username doesn't automatically change if the old name doesn't exist no-more.​

Ah didn't see this, thanks. Not sure how this isn't a bug though.
No worries.

It isn't a bug as such as the change name function doesn't include updating existing content such as quoted posts, likes, etc.
Mike has said he will look into it when he gets the time though.

Actually, this is a particular place that effectively can't be changed because of how the data is cached. (Well, it can be changed, but it's probably a lot more work than it's worth.)

I don't really see the value in spending a lot of time solving this one. They merely liked a post, it's not a signed contract or something. :)

I don't really see the value in spending a lot of time solving this one. They merely liked a post, it's not a signed contract or something. :)

I don't understand your point... it's a bug, whether it be a spelling mistake or a show stopping vulnerability.

I don't understand your point... it's a bug, whether it be a spelling mistake or a show stopping vulnerability.

I was going by this post, specifically the part in bold:

Actually, this is a particular place that effectively can't be changed because of how the data is cached. (Well, it can be changed, but it's probably a lot more work than it's worth.)

---- edit ----

And P.S. - I didn't realize this was a bug report, sorry! Never mind, then! :)

Top Bottom