1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce "Likes" are fluctuating

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by XenStyle, Aug 7, 2013.

1. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

I have gotten an odd report from a few members now, that it seems their "Likes" count is fluctuating. For example, it will drop 20 or so, and a few hours later will go back to normal. Threads are not being deleted or purged in any way, and I have gotten the same complaint from 3 different people now. I am not sure how to even go about recreating the bug, but I was wondering if this was a known issue.

I just upgraded my board to 1.2 two days ago.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Likes given can be removed, which will cause the count to reduce.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

I do realize this, however, I do not think it is the case. It would be a large coincidence that multiple members are reporting the issue since I updated to 1.2 a few days ago. Maybe I need some more concrete evidence to narrow it down, but it has never been a problem before.

A quote from a member about the issue:
    The other complaints were similar, and this behavior is not a usual occurrence.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any add-ons installed? Specifically ones that deal with likes?
  5. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

I have add-ons that allow you to "Like" content in it, but none of them actually tinker with the "Like" function itself
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you reproduce this yourself? Or with add-ons disabled? Have these users received alerts for the jump in likes?
  7. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

It is so unpredictable at this point, that I do not know where to start to reproduce the problem. I have not tried with add-ons disabled, as this is a last resort (knowing that it could take a few days to see if the problem persists). As for alerts, I can confirm that they did not get alerts for the added likes (great question!). I will try to collect some more information about the problem.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I will note that XF generally manipulates the like count using +1 or -1 type values, so I don't see how this could happen unless content was being deleted/undeleted.