Add-on 'Like - Reply - Share' for Thread Listing and Recent Activity

Thanks for the info. I don't see this as a necessity or must have, more a nice to have. So rather than send off cash for something with no set or approximate date, I'll wait and grab it if/when it's released in the resource manager. I'm still not sure how much your wanting to get in contributions? It appears you want others to contribute $200 for a $200 add-on, but I'm sure you didn't mean it to appear like you're not contributing yourself?
If you change your mind and want to run a 'committ tally' and get the cash once the tally has been met, I'm still happy to commit my $25. (I'd probably only pay $10-$15 on resource manager, but see this as possibly a good example/template for getting add-ons developed for XF in the first place).

Thanks for the info. I don't see this as a necessity or must have, more a nice to have. So rather than send off cash for something with no set or approximate date, I'll wait and grab it if/when it's released in the resource manager. I'm still not sure how much your wanting to get in contributions? It appears you want others to contribute $200 for a $200 add-on, but I'm sure you didn't mean it to appear like you're not contributing yourself?
If you change your mind and want to run a 'committ tally' and get the cash once the tally has been met, I'm still happy to commit my $25. (I'd probably only pay $10-$15 on resource manager, but see this as possibly a good example/template for getting add-ons developed for XF in the first place).
Okay I'll set a minimum donation and list the donation tally here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...isting-and-recent-activity.41014/#post-444168

I'll ask Chris if he is okay with release the very rough early version as a beta or not as long as you donate.

When I moved a prefixed thread that has prefix forum listing addon activated for it, it caused a server error that made the whole subforum unable to be entered. Reported this error to Chris. Disabling mod for now.

Good find. This is what beta testing is for :)

This is caused when a redirect is left after moving a thread.

So, if you want to carry on using this, move the thread back, re-enable the add-on, move the thread without a redirect and all should be fine.

Meanwhile, I will fix.

When I moved a prefixed thread that has prefix forum listing addon activated for it, it caused a server error that made the whole subforum unable to be entered. Reported this error to Chris. Disabling mod for now.
I'm not entirely convinced it is related to Prefixes, but you mention some other add-on? There was definitely a bug relating to moving threads which I have now resolved but I couldn't find any bugs relating to prefixes.

EDIT: Is it this add-on? http://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-prefix-listing.80/

I will test.

Chris says after you all donate to me you can participate in the beta and he'll send you a copy. So after you donate I will put your names in the second post.

Not sure what the required/request amount was, but this will hopefully get it started. Thanks for your work Chris.

$154.21 left to go.
Missed this a couple of weeks ago, sorry.
Kicking in $26.50 (so $25.xx after Paypal fees)

Is it possible to have the Like show the qty of likes received? I also like how FB puts the dot to slightly separate each.
From "Like Reply Edit" to "Like (7) Reply Edit". Exactly you see at http://www.8thos.com/popular/ in the 'Posts with Most Likes' section.

Hope this is on the to-do list ;)

Sending a beta your way now.

Thanks. First Bug ....

If you have a forum with no posts (I have sub-forums, and allow no posts in their parent forum), I get the following error clicking/opening the parent forum ..

Code:
Undefined variable: posts

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in LikeButtonEverywhere/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 29
LikeButtonEverywhere_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in ForumWatch/Extend/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 4
ForumWatch_Extend_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in PrefixForumListing/Extend/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 7
PrefixForumListing_Extend_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/netrider/index.php at line 13

Confirmed by activating this Add-On, error. De-activate the Add-On, no error.

I have had to deactivate the Add-On until a fix is available.

I do not recommend using this on a live board as it is a beta.

Agreed, but since XF allows us to easily enable/disable Add-Ons it's a good way to do a quick test with my guinea pigs users :)

Here is what was in my Server Error log too, if it's also helpful ...

Code:
Undefined variable: posts
Yesterday at 7:00 PM - library/LikeButtonEverywhere/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:29
Undefined index: forum
Yesterday at 6:59 PM - library/LikeButtonEverywhere/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:10

Thank you.

I may have even already fixed that. It's possible that 8thos reported it.

I just haven't had time yet to release it.

On the next version, I am going to have to make it reliant on the Template Modification System add-on.

XenForo hasn't made it easy to alter template code in some of the areas we need for this add-on. So the alternatives are either manual template edits (nope...) or TMS... TMS is a pretty elegant solution. Some of the code used so far is ridiculously complex.

Thank you.

I may have even already fixed that. It's possible that 8thos reported it.

I just haven't had time yet to release it.

On the next version, I am going to have to make it reliant on the Template Modification System add-on.

XenForo hasn't made it easy to alter template code in some of the areas we need for this add-on. So the alternatives are either manual template edits (nope...) or TMS... TMS is a pretty elegant solution. Some of the code used so far is ridiculously complex.

I will immediately install once it is reliant on TMS... I have the BETA, just haven't had the chance to install yet.

What't the tally today? I'm willing to donate money as this is a great idea! :)
The tally is still the same. $70. Thanks for your interest, I really believe this addon will increase participation across any xenforo web site.

The more we donate, the faster this can get made.

The tally is still the same. $70. Thanks for your interest, I really believe this addon will increase participation across any xenforo web site.
The more we donate, the faster this can get made.

I've just sent $20, so the tally is now $90 ;)

Top Bottom