Lightbox missing in default RC2 install.

Tigratrus

This is probably user error somewhere, but I'm kinda baffled what's happened?

Where is the thread vs page setting in the ACP? Is there a new setting?

Lightbox is not showing up anywhere in Chrome or FF. Not even here on xf.com? I've tried several threads with images in them, in both chrome and FF, on my testbed and here and it's always opening in a new tab. I've dumped cache, everything.

Did I miss a memo?

Weird. Ok, I figured it out here looks like we were testing different styles and the one here got left on the bare bones style.

On our testbed it apparently IS working on attachments, but NOT on thumbnails on our imported threads. Those bring the image up in a separate tab. :(

Dang. That's a problem.

The thumbnails have a structure like:
Code:
[URL='http://www.ikeafans.com/galleries/images/1/large/1_ikea-countertops-7.JPG'][IMG]http://www.ikeafans.com/galleries/images/1/small/1_ikea-countertops-7.JPG[/IMG][/URL]

Hrm...

::nods::

Problem with changing them to simple image tags (if I'm thinking about it right) would be that it would cease to be a thumb and would become a 500X500 image. That would blow the layout in a lot of places. We're going to NEED something in place to handle the thumb -> large display. I suppose we can look at building something using highslide.

Do you know anything about *why* it's setup to not trigger on embedded images? Displaying them in a new browser/tab is really clunky
confused.png
. Not a show stopper, as I'm sure there will be ways to work around it, but odd.

I presume that as embedded images don't have a click function in the same way that thumbnails or attached images do, there's no way of clicking to trigger the lightbox.

Ah. You're talking about simple img tags without a link associated with it, gotcha. But why wouldn't it trigger on a thumb that's linked to a larger image? That's got a click action... I'm guessing because the link might well be something other than to a larger image. Should be possibile to simply look at the extension at the end of the link to see if it's an image?

I obviously need to do some more testing :)

We can only attach the lightbox trigger to attached images, although we can display all images from the page within the lightbox once it's open.

The rationale is that with hot-linked images, we can't be sure if we're supposed to be looking at the thumbnail, or a full sized image, or a small image etc., and we can't tell what (if anything) it's supposed to do when you click it. It's safer to not attach our own click events, as the behavior is simply not knowable.

We can only attach the lightbox trigger to attached images, although we can display all images from the page within the lightbox once it's open.

The rationale is that with hot-linked images, we can't be sure if we're supposed to be looking at the thumbnail, or a full sized image, or a small image etc., and we can't tell what (if anything) it's supposed to do when you click it. It's safer to not attach our own click events, as the behavior is simply not knowable.

'K, that makes sense, though I think if you've got an image that directly links to another image the anticipated behavior of it being a thumb linked to a large image is probably the default. Maybe there should be a manual way to trigger the lightbox then? Just brainstorming...

I'm thinking we'll need to add something in to handle thumbs that are linked to larger images, the behavior of bringing them up in a separate tab/browser very much breaks the flow of reading a post. I suppose it's not really XF's problem though ;).

Top Bottom