1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Remove the superadmin User in Default Config

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by xf_phantom, Jan 15, 2014.

1. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

For reference: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...n-if-the-permission-is-off.66683/#post-700907

But wouldn't it make more sense, to change the default config array and remove the userid 1 from the default superadmins array?

Stricly speaking, if it's not in the config.php then IMO nobody should be superadmin.
    So it's IMO very confusing.

I'm suggesting this, because i've run several times into this "problem aka strange xenforo behavior" because i've forgotten that user 1 is automatically an superadmin

2. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

Specially because IF YOU DON'T change the config.php => user_id 1 will be super admin
    If you change config.php and add

PHP:
    $config['superAdmins'] = array(2);
    instead of having 1 and 2 it will be ONLY 2

that's not logical:p

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your second example is the expected behavior. The config.php is utilized to define and overwrite default configuration variables.

Excluding a definition defaults to what is considered the default (in this case, that superAdmins = [1]). With the line, it is saying I want x to be used in my configuration.

Amaury likes this.