Licensing + Multi-Language Mode + Fusion

Reach

On the same server I would like to install one forum in English language and the second forum in another language. The domain will be the same for both forums, e.g. mydomain.com/en/forum and mydomain.com/fr/forum

Do I need one license or are two required?

If two licenses are required, then I may want to make just one installation. So in one forum there are sub-forums according to the language. Does XenForo have a multi-language mode that detects the user's browser automatically and displays the forum menu and everything else in his language? (I don't mean Google translation!)

If only one license is required, then I like to make to installations, one in English language, one in another language. Is it possible to connect both forums so that the users need to register and log-in once only? Besides registration/login issue, what else from XenForo can be connected? A complete fusion would be great so that the member's total threads and posts are displayed and not just those in the forum where he is currently. Or which people the member follows and so on. If this is possible, is there a manual how I can achieve that?

The great advantage of XenForo is the connectivity via a bridge, for example, to WordPress. But connectivity is not enough for several XenForo installations which are in different languages. If I have several XenForo software installed on the same sever, then I want to have a complete fusion of all its features and not just a connectivity that allows one registration/login.

Do I need one license or are two required?
You will need 2.

Except if you have one CATEGORY for English and ANOTHER one for French.
Than with a redirect you can do it.
But if you want 2 different domains, you'll need 2 licenses.

If two licenses are required, then I may want to make just one installation. So in one forum there are sub-forums according to the language. Does XenForo have a multi-language mode that detects the user's browser automatically and displays the forum menu and everything else in his language? (I don't mean Google translation!)
There is an addon, yes:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/set-forums-language.7894/#post-110049

If you want to run two separate live installations then you will need 2 licenses.
A single license permits a live installation and a test installation.

Multi language mode for a single installation isn't officially supported. I believe it has already been discussed, I'll try and locate the thread.

Edit: Thanks VincentU, I wasn't aware of that add-on so that's definitely an option.

Top Bottom