1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License renewal

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Rukiri, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

I purchased xenforo when it was in it's infancy and have liked what it has become, from what I understand from the customers portal "really need to update that email" is that I can renew for $40 as opposed to buying a new license.

Is this correct? If so I will rebuy xenforo as it has exactly what I need in a forum now than it did 3 years ago.. wow that long?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Renewal gives you access to updates released in the next year.

3. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

Alright cool just wanted to make sure, I contacted support on getting my e-mail updated "ironic you can't do it online" as that email hasn't been available for the last year.

4. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

I went through the same process when i finally decided to move over. The support is top notch, they will have your email changed in no time. Welcome to the club!

5. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

Yea got a quick reply, wish I had the cart id though...
    I'm pretty much copy pasting the customers portal and validation token.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  6. I'm also looking into this.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you would like to change your email, submit a ticket with your XenForo cart ID to authenticate your request.

8. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

I checked out as a paypal guest and I no longer have that unique paypal id anymore, nor is my email that I signed up with even active to get it.

9. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

I was able to get it updated, gave the date of purchase and my mailing address.

10. Just renewed this morning.

Here's an idea for you guys at xenforo. How about instead of making us renew each year how about doing what vBulletin do and make the licenses last until the end of life of that version?
    For example you might have xenforo lite, xenforo 1, xenforo 2, etc.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  11. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

As soon as it comes I'll leave.

cmpe, Lexy, Liam W and 1 other person like this.
  12. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

same here

Liam W and whynot like this.
  13. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

and after that will be one milion more pirated xenforo version

14. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

I like the way that XenForo has it right now. Would be stupid if they change the way for charging for their product.

Lexy, Liam W and wedgar like this.
  15. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

I agree with you. If we expect to have a great software package, the authors need to be fairly reimbursed. The annual update fee is quite reasonable in my opinion.

Lexy, Kirk and Liam W like this.
  16. You don't want to be paying for a use of a license each year. It's way too expensive.

17. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

You don't have to pay for it each year.
    Pay the renewal only when you think that it's worth for the improvements in the software.

18. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

How is $40 a year way too expensive?

It's very reasonable and highly competitive and you only need to do it if you need an upgrade or need support.

Amaury, Neal and wedgar like this.
  19. When you live off a low wage and you are renting and you are doing the real life things you don't have the money. Each fortnight I get paid. It's not enough.

20. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Every time you get paid, transfer $1.54 into another bank account, into PayPal or into a piggy bank.

By the time your license has expired, you will have $40.

Liam W, Amaury, Chimpie and 1 other person like this.