License renewal

Rukiri

I purchased xenforo when it was in it's infancy and have liked what it has become, from what I understand from the customers portal "really need to update that email" is that I can renew for $40 as opposed to buying a new license.

Is this correct? If so I will rebuy xenforo as it has exactly what I need in a forum now than it did 3 years ago.. wow that long?

When you live off a low wage and you are renting and you are doing the real life things you don't have the money. Each fortnight I get paid. It's not enough.

Please don't take this the wrong way but if you find it expensive due to living costs then maybe you shouldn't purchase it and instead focus on the priorities in life.

However, as @Chris D says, "Every time you get paid, transfer $1.54 into another bank account, into PayPal or into a piggy bank." is an excellent way to save up for renewal.

in some country people works 2 days for 40$, so its very expensive whenh you look like this.
Well these people somehow managed to save $140 for XenForo in the first place, so surely they can manage to save $3.33 per month for the annual $40 update.

What some people seem to forget is that the XenForo team rely on that income to live. If everyone took the attitude that they weren't going to pay $40 until they saw an update they liked or decided not to pay it at all, then the XenForo income stream would be drastically cut and where would we be then? We'd have no more development of XenForo as the team would have to move onto other things to make a living.

You could put up one Google Ad on your site and with less than 100 visitors a day you can bring $40/yr.

You can become an affiliate for your webhost, refer one person a year and you'll have $40.

Look around your house, find an old collectible, some old books, dvds, etc, heck go sell some bodily fluids. You can find extra $40.

Top Bottom