1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License expired, renew everywhen possible?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by bogus, Mar 11, 2012.

1. bogus

bogus Guest

Well, i was one of the first who bought xenforo and a couple days ago my license expired. Right now i dont want to renew it but for sure later.
    So my question just is, if its possible to renew the license at any time or is there also a time/date limit?

oloman likes this.
  2. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

There's no time limit, you are able to renew, for the same price, at any time. :)

Strong likes this.
  3. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Same price ?

4. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's no increase in price if you choose to renew in 6 months instead of immediately.

5. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

So, we have 6 months to buy the update was $ 40, but shall be valid for 6 months or 1 year?

6. bogus

bogus Guest

well, i guess, if there is no timelimit in renewal and i choose to renew my license, e.g., in 4 month its valid for a year too?!

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

http://xenforo.com/purchase/xenforo-details

bogus likes this.
  8. bogus

bogus Guest

Muchisimo Gracias ati Brogan

9. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member

Then it must be renewed before it expires, yes or no.

Expires if it would be necessary to purchase the license again?

Is this correct Brogan?

10. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No

After it expires, you can just pay the renewal to re-enable access to download the latest versions.

Mine had expired, and I litterally just paid for the renewal at the normal price.

11. x7iBiT

x7iBiT Member

Normal price you mean $40, no?

12. Brogan

Once purchased a licence is valid indefinitely - you can use it to run your forum forever.

If you wish to download the later releases you must purchase the 12 month extensions which are currently $40.

That's it.

x7iBiT likes this.
  13. Slavik

Yup, well technically $50 for me as I have the enhanced search addon also, but yea... you don't have to fork out another $140 if thats what your thinking.

x7iBiT likes this.
  14. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I think what Brogan is saying, correct me if I'm wrong. You can wait lets say until XenForo 1.2 comes out and renew then to download that and have 12 month from that date. But in the meantime while your license is expired you won't have access to use certain areas on the forum which require you to have a current active license running.

15. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member

Thanks

16. Brogan

Nope.
    Only the latest releases and ticket support are unavailable.

All areas of the forum are still accessible.

mrGTB likes this.
  17. Slavik

The easy solution is to stop asking questions and just give more money to the XF cause ;)

18. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I renewed and am proud of it. :D

19. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

Actually I think everyone's license just expired. So xF will see lots of renewals in the next few months :D

I myself will be renewing in the summer, that is once my website is updated a bit more. I am not really using xF to it's potential yet.