[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
There is another error now

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Unknown column end_date on LiamW\AccountDelete:AccountDelete src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:1423
Generiert von: Unbekanntes Konto Aug 6, 2018 um 14:30
Stack-Trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(539): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('end_date', true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(222): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName('end_date', true)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(120): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('end_date', '<', 1533558612)
#3 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->where('end_date', '<', 1533558612)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(7.9999969005585)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999969005585)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999969005585)
#7 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}
Status der Anfrage
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(31) "https://forum.domain.de/admin.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hey its installed and visible but I do have an error in my error log that I wanted to share, @Liam W:

Server error log
  • InvalidArgumentException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Unknown column end_date on LiamW\AccountDelete:AccountDelete
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:1423
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 10, 2018 at 4:30 PM
Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(539): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('end_date', true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(222): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName('end_date', true)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(120): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('end_date', '<', 1533933018)
#3 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->where('end_date', '<', 1533933018)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(7.9999980926514)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999980926514)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999980926514)
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["referrer"] => string(41) "https://titanx.games/members/list/?page=2"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
--------------------------------------------
That aside, I think I do have to agree with the idea of not actually DELETING the member, but perhaps there is some way to set them to an invalid or some state where they simply can no longer log in...? Banned would likely confuse them. I think the only concern is what if they wanted to join later? They wouldnt be able to if their account was not deleted.....

But some kind of safety has to be in place and my thought would stand with ensuring that it also deletes all the members content so its not orphaned data hanging around the forums......OR perhaps the deletion requests go into an admin queue for the admin to manually delete that would allow us the chance to use the spam tool to delete any posts and such before removing their account???

I have an error message

Code:
Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Unknown column end_date on LiamW\AccountDelete:AccountDelete

InvalidArgumentException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Unknown column end_date on LiamW\AccountDelete:AccountDelete src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:1423

#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(120): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('end_date', '<', 1535484654)
#3 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->where('end_date', '<', 1535484654)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(7.9999980926514)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999980926514)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999980926514)
#8 {main}

array(4) {
  ["referrer"] => string(112) "https://www.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/threads/d%C3%A9sactiver-la-t%C3%A9l%C3%A9m%C3%A9trie-dans-office-2016.28514/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I was thinking that the local time add-on was causing the previous error but after uninstalling it i still got that error

Code:

#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(120): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('end_date', '<', 1535488346)
#3 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->where('end_date', '<', 1535488346)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(8)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#8 {main}

array(4) {
  ["referrer"] => string(102) "https://www.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/threads/histoire-de-dany-corsica-ex-webmestre-de-2bcalvi-com.3346/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I love this idea, but I think it needs some tweaking to preserve core xenforo functionalities... perhaps deleted accounts could go hidden.

I doubt he gave up:
I took a bit of a break over the last several months. I'm planning on updating and refactoring all my add-ons over the next several weeks

Seems he has been on a leave of absence for a bit. Also keep in mind that this is still listed as a beta so bugs are to be expected.

Last edited:
Liam W updated Self Account Deletion with a new update entry:

Beta 4 - Major Changes & New Features

The most major change is that this version actually works :)

In addition to that, there are now two additional options:
  • Randomise username
  • Deletion method
The Randomise username option will cause usernames to be changed to a string based on the users' user_id immediately prior to deletion, to provide anonymity to retained posts.

There now also exists two deletion methods:
  • Full delete
  • Disable user
The Full...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The messages remain when a member has deleted his account. It is basically the same thing as an administrator deleting an account via the admin panel.

This is correct.

It should also be noted that the Randomise username option applies to both deletion methods.

Last edited:
So the only difference between delete and disable is the user and their data stays in the DB. Basically it can be reversed?

Well done @Liam W - welcome back...looking forward to putting this add-on back into production and looking through your other work! Add a fee for your time, man! :P

unless im missing it somewhere, this addon seems to also be missing a log of who's deleting themselves (or will be in x days), so i'd like to add that as a suggestion as well.

Top Bottom