[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
I would never allow a member to delete her account, since it would mess up the conversation flow, not to mention that, after they cool off, they'd want their account reinstated, but, for those who need this addon it is very useful. Thank you for the effort into making xenforo feature rich :)

@Liam W, found another small bug. When a user account is pending deletion and the user logs in, he gets the message that his account is pending.
This is ok, but at this point it is not possible to logoff. Logoff doesn't seem to be working.

• When an account is deleted, the user gets an email. In this email it says that the account is deleted on '1 jan 1970'. Wrong date?
  • Using the randomize username option, when the user account is deleted an email is sent which is addressed to 'Deleted member #'. Would it be possible to sent the email to the real user name (probably just before renaming/deleting).

@Liam W hey, sorry i took so long, but just wanted to confirm that i found the settings per your instructions and saving those settings did in fact fix the errors i was having. looks like neither radio button was selected after upgrading versions, so just picking one and saving the settings fixed that.

I've found the following error in my logs:

2019/07/16 13:50:31 [error] 20369#20369: *9206807 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Access level to LiamW\AccountDelete\XF\Pub\Controller\Account::canUpdateSessionActivity() must be public (as in class SV\LiveContent\XF\Pub\Controller\Account) in /var/www/share/dev69.planet-liebe.de/htdocs/src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php on line 0" while reading response header from upstream, client: 93.240.2.222, server: XXX, request: "GET /account/live HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php7.2-fpm-XXX:", host: "XXX", referrer: "https://XXX/forum/"

Not sure if it's your AddOn or the LiveContent AddOn by @Xon

@Liam W I think this one more bug, Why does not show canceling dates without N/A? This should show when member canceled this request. Also please can you add one more functionality request limitations for how many time user can request for account deletion or disable.

ScreenShot01162.webp

That's not a bug, that column is specifically labelled "Completed", if the deletion was cancelled then it was never completed and as such that field isn't applicable.

I might change it to Action date, but I do think it makes sense as it is now...

Hi Liam, I'm reading through the thread and related pages and it's a bit unclear to me - is the disable option moving the user to a "diabled" user group, or is your add-on doing other things to effect a disabled status?

In my forums, I've got an "Account Closed" user group that is almost the same as the banned user group, but without the "banned" user title and I manually move members that contact me with deletion requests to it. It sounds like your add-on allows members to handle the job themselves, but I would like clarification on what exactly is happening when an account is disabled with your add-on.

It uses the XF 2.0 'disabled' user state, which prevents users from using their account (it's very similar to a banned account, but with a different error message and no privacy implications). It doesn't support changing the usergroup.

I wasn't aware that XF had a disabled user state. I can't seem to find anything about it in the docs or my ACP. You don't mean 'discouraged', right?

Top Bottom