[Liam W.] Post Macros

[Liam W.] Post Macros 5.2.2 Fix 8

No permission to download
Hello,

Well, we're still looking for a solution to this problem.
You can press continue running them,
the rebluid will only remove user registrations from gobal post macros that are no longer allowed to use them.

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ
Alright! Also; it looks like that the thunder-icon (Macros icon) don't appear in my toolbars, even after adding the icons through the BB Code Toolbar manager and assigning the permissions.

In Inspect element it tells me the .js file is missing. I installed this addon its latest version. What's your suggestion for a quick fix?

Apologies if this has been answered already.. 😓 Can macros be used outside of threads/posts where it uses the editor?

Another staff member who is working on our Wiki (XenCarta 2 PRO) has asked whether I can set up some default content in the editor when he's creating a new page, since 90% of them are character pages. This seems like it could be an ideal solution..

The query count increases pretty substantially with this add-on installed..

Before: 16
After: 43

Before: 15
After: 54

@Lee is unable to replicate, so this is most likely a conflict with another add-on.. 🤔

Last edited:
A conflict it would surprise me, but why not, or have you seen that there are so many requests
It only makes me think it's a conflict because Lee wasn't able to reproduce the issue on larger threads than the ones I linked earlier..

I'll try and do a bit of testing over the course of this weekend and send you a PM if I find anything.

Hello,

It only makes me think it's a conflict because Lee wasn't able to reproduce the issue on larger threads than the ones I linked earlier..

I'll try and do a bit of testing over the course of this weekend and send you a PM if I find anything.
Ok thank you!

I tried to reproduce this but I couldn't reproduce this problem like lee did.

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

I regularly open the Rebuild Caches page to find that the Global Macro Enrolment process has not completed.
I see a message saying that some processes need completing and when I click to continue I see the message saying that it's processing Global Macro Enrolment.
Where is this process being run from? The addon (5.2.0 fix 1) is currently disabled and I see nothing relevant in the Cron jobs page.
This is still an issue and when this addon is enabled, I regularly get reports of the forum being slow.
There is something going on with this addon where it’s creating so much load on the database that it’s creating issues.
Why is there a cron job, anyway?
Please have a look within the code to see what’s happening. Thanks

Hello,

before this version there are no problems?

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ
I wish I could be specific about when and how much the problems have escalated, but a lot of things have changed on our server over recent months and in our efforts to stop database crashes, I uninstalled some addons, contacted some addon authors and worked with Xon to identify issues with other addons.
We even upgraded the database servers to improve performance.
I couldn't say whether it's this version since January, but I suspect so.
Although I'm pretty sure the stalling Global Macro Enrolment job has been stalling for longer than that.

Top Bottom