XF 2.1 Letting new members earn the right to start new threads

Artashes

Currently in the process of migrating from vBulletin, which involves setting the forum up to same functionality.

My current Marketplace has a rule that forces users to have 10 days of membership and 15 posts made in select community forums before they can start an advertising thread.

Do you know if XenForo allows for such a customization using default settings? Or is there an add-on that can address that? I cannot seem to locate anything. It used to be a relatively popular solution on vBulletin, so I am sure someone have thought of creating such an add-on...

Thank you for any advice in advance.

Couldn’t you just create a new Usergroup and have users automatically moved from Group A to Group B once they hit the criteria? Then simply restrict the permissions of Group A so they can’t post in a certain forum while Group B can.

I looked into the possibility of usergroup promotion. The limitation of that, as far I understand, you cannot pick specific forums where a user would post in to get to minimum necessary post count.

The closest thing I've found is this add-on (for XF 1.0), but it doesn't let you specify the forums where users should post to earn their right to advertise, and those protective forums this rule is applied for:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/new-user-post-restrictions.3984/

I looked into the possibility of usergroup promotion. The limitation of that, as far I understand, you cannot pick specific forums where a user would post in to get to minimum necessary post count.

All you need to do is go into the nodes where you don't want them to post and change the permissions to not allow posts or replies for that specific usergroup.

Top Bottom