Less than a week to go....

Done a little more shopping today with the last of it to do tomorrow and we are done. First time we've had everything prepared so early instead of rushing around on xmas eve. :)

Christmas presents are prepared but I'm going to marry on Wednesday so that's what make me nervous ;)

Someone you know or taking a punt on one of those mail order deals? Congratulations and good luck .... today/yesterday (depending on time zone).

Everything is done and dusted in our household beyond cooking and spring cleaning.

Except for wrapping, which I have to do after my son is asleep tonight, I am finished! Found an iPod Touch for him, and I am happy. :)
Didn't get the wrapping done. I was huddled with my son over his garbage can as he puked literally all night long. Some kind of virus going around here, his doc says. UGH.

I hope I can get it done tomorrow.

Didn't get the wrapping done. I was huddled with my son over his garbage can as he puked literally all night long. Some kind of virus going around here, his doc says. UGH.

I hope I can get it done tomorrow.

Oh no :( I hope he is feeling better soon!

Thanks Kim, I'm sure he will be. It's a virus that's going around our entire county. I had it for 3 days over the weekend, so I'm sure he got it from me.
Mine wasn't vomiting tho, if you get my drift. :confused:

Thanks Kim, I'm sure he will be. It's a virus that's going around our entire county. I had it for 3 days over the weekend, so I'm sure he got it from me.
Mine wasn't vomiting tho, if you get my drift. :confused:

LOL yeah I get your drift ;) Glad you are better anyway :) being sick at Christmas is very unpleasant.

I spent one Christmas in hospital many years ago, when I was pregnant with my son, it was a very sad affair I can tell you :(

I was also in Agony last Christmas with a middle ear infection, not wanting to disturb anyone else, I took myself to hospital at 3am Christmas morning - but they obviously didn't think it was serious enough as they only gave me some ear drops, by the afternoon I was in massive agony and Jeff took me back again where we got a better Doctor who did some things to my ear and gave me an Opiate pain killer which did the trick, and saw me through the next 3 days until the usual Medical Centres were open again and I could see my Doctor.

So last Christmas was a complete dud for me, very agonising and traumatic.

Oh wow, Kim. I really hope that this Christmas makes up for last year.
huggies.gif

LOL yeah I get your drift ;) Glad you are better anyway :) being sick at Christmas is very unpleasant.

I spent one Christmas in hospital many years ago, when I was pregnant with my son, it was a very sad affair I can tell you :(

I was also in Agony last Christmas with a middle ear infection, not wanting to disturb anyone else, I took myself to hospital at 3am Christmas morning - but they obviously didn't think it was serious enough as they only gave me some ear drops, by the afternoon I was in massive agony and Jeff took me back again where we got a better Doctor who did some things to my ear and gave me an Opiate pain killer which did the trick, and saw me through the next 3 days until the usual Medical Centres were open again and I could see my Doctor.

So last Christmas was a complete dud for me, very agonising and traumatic.

I remember having an ear infection in my teens for two months straight and was literally bed ridden and couldn't even walk due to the pain. Has to be up there with the worst pain I've experienced. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I remember having an ear infection in my teens for two months straight and was literally bed ridden and couldn't even walk due to the pain. Has to be up there with the worst pain I've experienced. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Sorry to hear you have been through it as well Shelley, it is indeed absolute agony, the second Doc explained just why it is so bloody painful, it's because as the middle ear swells due to the infection there is no room for it to expand, so all the pressure just builds up and up and up the worse and longer it goes on.

No over the counter pain meds would do anything, other than make me vomit when I took too many in an attempt to get the pain to stop!!! I was so relieved I cried when he gave me the Opiate based ones! I understand the first Dr's caution, there must be a lot of drug seekers out there and they didn't know me, they have to be careful, but it was freaking Christmas morning, I had no alternative but to go to Hospital as my Doctors surgery was closed for 4 days over Christmas. Fortunately the second Dr was more on the ball and understood that... I hardly look like a drug addict lol.

The whole episode lasted about 3 weeks, and just as the left ear started getting better I got it in the other ear, so it was also about a month of agony with them both!

Sorry to hear you have been through it as well Shelley, it is indeed absolute agony, the second Doc explained just why it is so bloody painful, it's because as the middle ear swells due to the infection there is no room for it to expand, so all the pressure just builds up and up and up the worse and longer it goes on.

No over the counter pain meds would do anything, other than make me vomit when I took too many in an attempt to get the pain to stop!!! I was so relieved I cried when he gave me the Opiate based ones! I understand the first Dr's caution, there must be a lot of drug seekers out there and they didn't know me, they have to be careful, but it was freaking Christmas morning, I had no alternative but to go to Hospital as my Doctors surgery was closed for 4 days over Christmas. Fortunately the second Dr was more on the ball and understood that... I hardly look like a drug addict lol.

The whole episode lasted about 3 weeks, and just as the left ear started getting better I got it in the other ear, so it was also about a month of agony with them both!

Sorry to hear that Kim. I can certainly relate to the agony you went through. I can't remember what the medication the doctor gave to me but they were gigantic soluble tablets that didn't work at all.

Anyway, You have specific orders to have a doubly fun christmas this year to make up for last year.
wink.png

Sorry to hear that Kim. I can certainly relate to the agony you went through. I can't remember what the medication the doctor gave to me but they were gigantic soluble tablets that didn't work at all.

Anyway, You have specific orders to have a doubly fun christmas this year to make up for last year.
wink.png

Thanks Shelley... I will be trying! lol :)

Someone you know or taking a punt on one of those mail order deals? Congratulations and good luck .... today/yesterday (depending on time zone).

Of course I know her and it was a beautiful day.

Today we'll going to wrapp the presents and put up the christmas tree.

Top Bottom