XF 2.1 Legacy not recognized during addon upgrade

woody

Just updated my large forum from 1.5.x to 2.1 Gold.

On my development site, any addon upgrade recognized the older 1.5 version and correctly "updated" from that version.

Now, on my "live" site, every addon I attempt to upgrade from 1.5 > 2.1 ONLY offers the "install" trigger...when clearly XFMG, XFES, a handful of Xon's plugins, etc are all present as "legacy" addons.

Is there a CRON job that need to be run to recognize this installation/upgrade to my live site?

We did the install upgrade via SSH. Took about an hour, no noted issues. 12m posts.

Rebuilt Master Data a few minutes ago, no change when attempting to update 1.5 plugins to their 2.1 versions (all come up as INSTALL, not UPGRADE)

I have installed other plugins, AND updated them without issue.

The Addon/Install process that correctly worked on my dev site and on another of my forums is failing on my main live site.

....which brings a question to how the addon install/upgrade process is supposed to work...

I just Installed an addon (that should have upgraded from the older 1.5 version)....

Add-Ons > "install/upgrade from archive" > select zip file that SHOULD upgrade > Upload

The displayed script shows "Action = Install"...but following the process, the addon noted it Upgraded from the older 1.5 version. Shouldn't the this show "Action = Upgrade" when it knows there is an older version?

Reactions: rdn
Well, the one I tested worked....I'm "not thrilled" to test the upgrade process with XFMG for fear I'll mess up the data somehow. Hoping for an XF team member to address my questions.

Reactions: rdn
Just curious...

What happens if you unzip the add-on locally and upload the files to your server (not using install/upgrade from archive)?

I would think you would then get the upgrade option for the add-on??

Just curious...

What happens if you unzip the add-on locally and upload the files to your server (not using install/upgrade from archive)?

I would think you would then get the upgrade option for the add-on??
THANK YOU!

That is offering the Upgrade option....will continue to test with the other plugins, but that likely is the trick. MUCH appreciated!

Top Bottom