1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left & right sidebar ?

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by ExpertPixels.com, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey all,

THIS CAN BE A PAID JOB (if you can accept a gentleman's agreement that i will forward you a few $ once i have PP funds available.. I am not sure when this may be.. so a little IOU).. but will hold my end of the bargain i promise.

This is very important.. not just for my personal site where i will be releasing my designs from but also for planned upcoming xf styles..

This is a Photoshop Mockup of what i need basically..

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO: The left sidebar as i require this to be of full height.. not exactly within the other main content section and the right / standard sidebar.. if you get what i mean lol..

If anyone can provide me with a rough set of edits required within the template "PAGE_CONTAINER" I will be able to address the CSS and everything else.. Basically i want to gain understanding of how this should be applied correctly so that everything remains fully responsive.

I have actually managed to make this happen but don't feel ive done it the best possible way also looking at my mockup image above.. i need the top and bottom breadcrumbs to be unified where as my way of this 3 column layout is causing the bottom breadcrumb to be full width cutting into the left column.

I release this may take a few minutes of someones time if they have not tried this themselves but I am more than happy to assist you in return in any way possible.

Really appreciate any assistance here.. I will continue to try out some different ways but would prefer use what would be the "Correct / Best" method to do this.. everything must remain 100% responsive.

Regards, Darren
    Bram and The1LT like this.
  2. The1LT

The1LT Member

Been trying to figure out how to do this myself and would contribute towards a shared pot if you are up for that?

Alternatively if you figure it out and want to share the info I could also pay you a fee for it.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Me too. Would like three column design as well.
  4. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Still looking for assistance on this if anyone is able to help ??
    Gabby likes this.
  5. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Anything ever come of this ?
  6. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

This can be done easily!
  7. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

LOL ???? :whistle:........... is there a thread maybe. ? Two months ago it was a problem according to the post ?
  8. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

Could you be more specific..lol
    WCFA and oman like this.
  9. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Create a div outside content block and float left...
  10. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

So u are saying use the exact same code but add float left? Then paste it into the template with a </div>
  11. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Insert a div at correct place(not sure where but would be easy to locate if you know HTML) then apply a float left style to it
  12. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

Anybody got this actually working on a live site?