Leaving MaxCDN for CDNify

Hi!

Any news to share with the community?

Yeah sorry.

Essentially we have seen a massive increase in performance for many users. (CDNify has way more locations, so more members are pleased). Its also way cheaper, its not a secret that MaxCDN is one of the most expensive in the market. Ultimately we are extremely pleased with the service and their support staff and the attention and care they gave us.

I've had a few bad experiences with MaxCDN.

A proper review will come up soon. I've been sick with the Flu so I haven't been able to focus on anything, sorry.

However short story: CDNify is worth your time. They are more friendly to smaller online presences, like forums, etc. MaxCDN is more for companies and the such.

Yeah sorry.

Essentially we have seen a massive increase in performance for many users. (CDNify has way more locations, so more members are pleased). Its also way cheaper, its not a secret that MaxCDN is one of the most expensive in the market. Ultimately we are extremely pleased with the service and their support staff and the attention and care they gave us.

I've had a few bad experiences with MaxCDN.

A proper review will come up soon. I've been sick with the Flu so I haven't been able to focus on anything, sorry.

However short story: CDNify is worth your time. They are more friendly to smaller online presences, like forums, etc. MaxCDN is more for companies and the such.
Thanks for your testimonial :)
Have you considered Cloudflare.com? I've read they show websites are offline to show their advertisements when they aren't so I'm not sure to go on with CF

Thanks for your testimonial :)
Have you considered Cloudflare.com? I've read they show websites are offline to show their advertisements when they aren't so I'm not sure to go on with CF

I've heard of that as well.

I wouldn't use Cloudflare as a CDN, you should only really consider them if you are having DDoS issues.

We used cloudflare for a couple of years, and we found too many false-positives for it's anti-spam service and it would occasionally interfere with uploads. It just got to be too much of a hassle.

I don't know why Cloudflare gets such a bad rap. I have had nothing but a positive experience with it. My site is nice and fast. Plus it's free.

http://www.cdn77.com/ is another, well regarded and recommended, CDN that is great for forums etc. I trialled CDNify too, but found a better cache hit rate (0ver 85%) with CDN77, plus their POPs have a better global distribution suitable for my audience. There's even an add-on for CDN77 using their API allowing you to monitor from your XF CP

http://www.cdn77.com/ is another, well regarded and recommended, CDN that is great for forums etc. I trialled CDNify too, but found a better cache hit rate (0ver 85%) with CDN77, plus their POPs have a better global distribution suitable for my audience. There's even an add-on for CDN77 using their API allowing you to monitor from your XF CP

Both providers use the federated OnApp CDN network to serve their customers(essentially resellers). There really shouldn't be a difference. Except in pricing because one or the other might have better deals with OnApp, put in more money from their own pockets to make it cheaper for customers, etc.

I don't know why Cloudflare gets such a bad rap. I have had nothing but a positive experience with it. My site is nice and fast. Plus it's free.
Just the fact that it'll randomly claim your site is offline and show a cloud flare page. It does that a lot, it's widely reported.

Their setup is great if you're being DDos'd. It's absolute crap the rest of the time. Turn it off for a week and watch your traffic increase.

So, which config lines need to be edited?

Just add

Code:
$config['javaScriptUrl'] = 'http://yourcdn.blah/js';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'http://yourcdn.blah/data';

We setup ours for example to be j.rpdom.com/js and d.rpdom.com/data for those and for static images that we manually insert into the style, we use i.rpdom.com

I'll make a proper guide soon, still pretty sick :(

Top Bottom