Leaving MaxCDN for CDNify

I am using nginx and my non www to www redirect is also forcing my cdn subdomain to redirect to www as well. How can I stop this?

Just the fact that it'll randomly claim your site is offline and show a cloud flare page. It does that a lot, it's widely reported.

Their setup is great if you're being DDos'd. It's absolute crap the rest of the time. Turn it off for a week and watch your traffic increase.

We don't randomly display errors. The errors you may see (522, etc.) are the result of our not being able to connect to your server & that's why the error messages occur. The bulk of the issues we see support side from the client's actual server are:

503s
Empty reply from server

We should not affect your traffic, really. If you're using some sort of tool that requires original visitor IP, it may be thrown off until you install a mod to restore visitor IPs (our ips are going to show until you do).

Any customer that has a site issue should contact support with any offline issues. We're more than happy to take a look and share logs with what we're seeing trying to connect to the server for the site.

Does CDNify have a trial? Pay as you go program? I would like to test few things before actually purchasing a bandwidth package...

We don't randomly display errors. The errors you may see (522, etc.) are the result of our not being able to connect to your server & that's why the error messages occur. The bulk of the issues we see support side from the client's actual server are:

503s
Empty reply from server

We should not affect your traffic, really. If you're using some sort of tool that requires original visitor IP, it may be thrown off until you install a mod to restore visitor IPs (our ips are going to show until you do).

Any customer that has a site issue should contact support with any offline issues. We're more than happy to take a look and share logs with what we're seeing trying to connect to the server for the site.
Maybe you've "fixed" it since I last tried it. Either way it's not a one-off issue.

Do a google search for "cloudflare saying website offline" and you'll see that there are a hell of a lot of reports of it happening.

Does CDNify have a trial? Pay as you go program? I would like to test few things before actually purchasing a bandwidth package...

Unfortunately we don't offer free trials, but we do have Pay-As-You-Go packages, so you can just buy the data you need without being locked down to a monthly or annual charge.

I'm still using Cloudflare/Pro for my XF site without any issues, but admit that my Cloudflare settings are conservative. When I migrated from vb to xf they couldn't optimize my HTML any longer, so I learned how to do it on my own.

Since then I've disabled most of their advanced features, running just basic security and caching. 30% of my users are in Australia, which appears to be a separately-priced factor with other CDN services. My only complaint about Cloudflare is that their reporting dashboard can show dramatically different results for the same site whenever one changes parameters like date range.

I've found that if one uses Cloudflre, ensure that your XF/server/firewall configs aren't a barrier. I also serve all content from my server, versus using external jquery CDN and others. When one goes Cloudflare-Pro, SPDY is enabled by default and it won't provide much benefit if you are forcing users to pull content (such as jquery) from other sources.

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to go to a simpler CDN service, but it seems that the faster alternatives are ten times the cost of Cloudflare :confused:

"I've read they show websites are offline to show their advertisements when they aren't so I'm not sure to go on with CF"

We only display a site offline message when we can't connect to the site's server (not for advertising at all). The two primary reason this happens:

1. The site's server is having issues (overloaded, 503s, etc.).
2. Something is blocking requests from our IPs (our IPs need to be whitelisted).

If a site owner has an issue with a site offline error message, they should contact us directly & we can share logs to help the site owner diagnose the problem.

For those who are using any CDN or CDNify, Did you white list all their server IP?
Is it needed?
Like white list on my CSF.

Top Bottom