Latest Threads Monthly Email [Deleted]

I've looked at the xml and it seems that there's a template called monthly_email that is installed and that contains the html to modify. Is it possible that if I search for this template I don't find anything?
Code:
 <email_templates>
    <template title="monthly_email">
      <subject><![CDATA[Latest Topics From {$xenOptions.boardTitle}]]></subject>
      <body_text><![CDATA[Hi there {$user.username},

Brent, it would be nice to see IF there are future releases
- node exclusion
- user activity exclusion (if user hasn't visited since X do not send). No point in spamming members of boards that haven't returned since 2008
- default link to unsubscribe

AndreaMarucci, i believe someone said you have to put the board into debug to modify that template. ...note, here it is originally posted (Latest Threads Monthly Email)

debug:
if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == '127.0.0.1'){$config['debug'] = true;}
add you IP and added this to your config file.

Then goto your admincp /development / email templates.

Make sure to disable after.

So - I finally got my email template edited - with site logo and customizations:

di-7RIF.png

For those of you who have emailed me, asking how I customized my newsletter to appear as above: It's quite simple really. Here's a quick step-by-step:

1. Enable debug mode: Edit the library/config.php file and add the following:
    Code:
    $config['debug'] = true;

2. Edit monthly_email Template:
    Here's the code I used. You'll need to edit it to fit your particular forum

Subject:
    Code:
    Recently Posted Content At YOUR FORUM NAME
    Plain Text Body:
    Code:
    Hi there {$user.username}, 

We have new content being posted daily at YOUR FORUM NAME . In addition to member-created writing, we have a myriad of poetry and literature related articles that will help improve your writing craft. Check our Lit Articles Database at http://jpicforum.info/forums/lit-articles-database.66/ for a complete index of these most insightful articles. 

In the meantime, some of our most recently posted content include: 

<xen:foreach loop="{$threads}" value="{$thread}">
    {$thread.title}: {xen:link canonical:threads, $thread}
    </xen:foreach>

Remember: YOUR FORUM NAME is your community. 
    We're continually celebrating diversity with the typed word. So please, don't forget to login and share in the poetic love!

Cordially,

YOUR FORUM NAME .
    ----------------------------

This e-mail was sent to {$user.username}, a Registered Member of YOUR FORUM NAME .
    Edit your messaging preferences at http://YOURURL.com/account/contact-details
    HTML Body:
    Code:
    Hi there {$user.username},
    <br /><br />
    We have new content being posted daily at YOUR FORUM NAME . In addition to member-created writing, we have a myriad of poetry and literature related articles that will help improve your writing craft. Check our <a href="http://jpicforum.info/forums/lit-articles-database.66/" title="JPiC Lit Articles Database">Lit Articles Database</a> for a complete index of these most insightful articles. 
    <br /><br />
    In the meantime, some of our most recently posted content include: 
    <br /><br />
    <xen:foreach loop="{$threads}" value="{$thread}">
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="{xen:link canonical:threads, $thread}">{$thread.title}</a><br />
    </xen:foreach>
    <br />
    Remember: YOUR FORUM NAME is your community.
    <br />We're continually celebrating diversity with the typed word. So please, don't forget to login and share in the poetic love!
    <br /><br />
    Cordially,
    <br /><br />
    YOUR FORUM NAME .
    <br />
    ----------------------------
    <br /><br /><br /><br />
    <div style="font-size:10px;">This e-mail was sent to {$user.username}, a Registered Member of JPiC Forum For Writers.
    <br />
    <a href="http://YOURURL.com/account/contact-details">Edit Your Messaging Preferences Here</a></div>

3. Disable debug mode: Simply remove the code you added above in step #1

4. Done: Enjoy ;)
Hope this helps!

J.

---------------
---------------
ADDED:
As for adding the image into your mail header, you'll need to edit your MAIL_CONTAINER email template. Please note - this revision will change the header of ALL email sent from your Xenforo install.

1. With debug mode still enabled - Open your MAIL_CONTAINER email template.
    Find the section which links to your forum. The change I made is in the html link code below. You'll need to revise the .css code to fit your mailhead logo:

Code:
    <tr>
    <td style="background-color: #D7EDFC;
    padding: 10px;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #A5CAE4;
    border-top-left-radius: 4px;
    border-top-right-radius: 4px;
    font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    line-height: 1.231;">
    <a title="Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum for Writers" href="{xen:link canonical:forum/}" style="background-image: url('http://jpicforum.info/images/mailhead.gif'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:left top; width:325px; height:55px; color: #176093; text-decoration:none;"></a>
    </td>
    </tr>

How about a setting where it will email a user a month after the date they join? That way the newsletter isn't going out to everyone on the same day and you don't have throttling/server issues. So eventually the system would send it out everyday to different users as the month progresses (because the join dates are all different).

When installing it, when's the first time it actually sends a newsletter? Is it one month from then?

Hmm, so this has no configuration ability? It just sends emails to every user?

By default it does not send to banned users and only to those set as Valid.

There is code modifications within this thread to expand it based on post count and I think a few other criteria.

That worked. Thanks Brent.

It seems to me that it would be nice if the email was formatted to have the thread links listed under their forum names. Sometimes user created thread titles only have relevance if you know what forum you are in.

That worked. Thanks Brent.

It seems to me that it would be nice if the email was formatted to have the thread links listed under their forum names. Sometimes user created thread titles only have relevance if you know what forum you are in.

I agree. I don't think anymore work is going into this one though. The xfLetter add-on looks like it will be a good replacement.

But does that grab latest threads? I suppose you can use this to grab them, send you yourself then copy the links to xfletter.

Top Bottom