Latest Threads Monthly Email [Deleted]

Thanks for clarifying that so quickly. Are emails sent out on the 1st of the month or can the date be sent?
It's currently 1st of the month.

The date can be set by editing the Cron Entry.

Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries > Send Monthly Emails > Day of Month change from 1 to the desired day.

Thanks Chris. I may change it to tomorrow so that I can test it and then change it back to the 1st afterwards. :)

Well, a Cron Entry can be run any time, simply go to Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries > Next to Send Monthly Emails hover over Controls and select "Run" from the menu that appears.

Yeah I was thinking of changing it to weekly but I'm not sure. I'd be keen on hearing what frequency other users have been using. Every Friday could work well as most people spend more time on the internet than on other 'work' days.

Quick question: how do you edit the email template. I looked under templates but cannot find the admin email template anywhere.

Guys... I'm quite shocked.

You really need to edit the e-mail templates accordingly.

I have just received e-mails from two sites here that I'm signed up to, generated by this add-on, both still mentioning "PT Adviser" which is part of the default text.

Check it out and make sure you've edited the email template accordingly to reflect your site and your brand.

Guys... I'm quite shocked.

You really need to edit the e-mail templates accordingly.

I have just received e-mails from two sites here that I'm signed up to, generated by this add-on, both still mentioning "PT Adviser" which is part of the default text.

Check it out and make sure you've edited the email template accordingly to reflect your site and your brand.
I would be one of those sites. I did not see the option to edit anything for this and on your add-on description, there was also no mention of needing to edit anything. I just assumed this is one of those install it and forget it kind of things

edit: Where? Can not find in settings, templates, or language "PT Adviser"

Looking at the XML file the template should be monthly_email

Which oddly I can not find. :confused:

So I edited the XML file and change "PT Adviser" into

PHP:
{boardname}

Attached is a pre-edited file (XML file only). Simply update. ;)

Attachments

I'd like to \use this if -
- it pulls from forums according to access permissions - I wasnt clear reading the above. Public forums only wouldnt work for me as I dont have any public ones.

- would like to exclude my more active members eg anyone who has visited in the week or 2 weeks before the news email goes out. I see this as useful for my sleepier members but possibly annoying for those that have visited and already know.
But i appreciate thats a whole extra bundle.

- would like to exclude my more active members eg anyone who has visited in the week or 2 weeks before the news email goes out. I see this as useful for my sleepier members but possibly annoying for those that have visited and already know.

Yes. This would be an ideal option to add to /admin.php?options/list/monthlyEmails
"Do not email if visited within the last <insert value here> weeks".

Is there a way to change this so that it pulls the "X # of Hottest Threads" from the previous Y # of days?

In other words, put together a newsletter of the threads with the most views over the last 7 days?

Top Bottom