Last questions before purchasing

billybatz9

1) I am most likely going to use the LN blog add on because its free.... If xenforo comes out with their own users blogging software, can it be transferred on over? I don't want to get something that will just screw me over later on. Especially if its no longer supported

2) are there special pricing for multiple purchases? Or is every purchase $140?

3) is there a way to how the forum on differed subdomains, with different forum categories?

4) how's the spam with this software? I know phpbb has a crap load of spam. And so does some vbulletin forums.
- any recommendation on specific security add ons?

5) I have more... But forgot :( lol

1) I am most likely going to use the LN blog add on because its free.... If xenforo comes out with their own users blogging software, can it be transferred on over? I don't want to get something that will just screw me over later on. Especially if its no longer supported

2) are there special pricing for multiple purchases? Or is every purchase $140?

3) is there a way to how the forum on differed subdomains, with different forum categories?

4) how's the spam with this software? I know phpbb has a crap load of spam. And so does some vbulletin forums.
- any recommendation on specific security add ons?

5) I have more... But forgot :( lol

1. transferred over as in importing options? I suspect so if not someone from the community will build an importer for sure but I wouldn't count on a official blog from xf though i could be wrong.
2. I'm sure there is a discount after a certain amount (3 i think) though someone will step in and dismiss confirm that)
3. Again, i am sure this is possible and I've read posts answering this query a little searching is required.
4. Spam prevention is getting a much needed boost in 1.1.4 and 1.2 will see additional spam features introduced (check out announcements for what is planned in 1.2)
5. Keep em coming. :D

LNBlog is no longer available and was removed sometime ago in favor for the paid [and supported] version. I've stated previously that if such a time comes when XenForo releases their own blog product, I will happily provide an importer (or exporter I guess?) to their native solution.

What it sounds like you want to do is have different "sites" on the same license & xenforo installation, just with different combinations of forums shown based on a different sub-domain. If that's what you are saying, you need a different license for each sub-domain.

Top Bottom