Last movie watched ... highly important topic.

"Man On Fire" (2004 version) on FX
"Terminator 2" on FX as well
both today (well, I was watching over the top of the laptop)
"The Blind Side" (NetFlix)

I used to be a huge movie buff, not so much now. The last movie I watched was The Book of Eli. I think I enjoyed the message more than the movie though.

I watched these but in no order.

1. Friends (Season 1-10) | 9/10
2. Band of Brothers | 10/10
3. Downfall | 9/10
4. Orphan | 8/10
5. Clash of the Titans | 8/10

Recently watched:

Robin Hood 2010 - As far as accents go, Russel Crowe couldn't decide if he was from Ireland, Scotland or somewhere indistinguishable in the north of England. There were a few historical inaccuracies (which really bug me in movies that pretend they're portraying wholly realistic events) and although it was a "big budget blockbuster" I have seen much better smaller budget movies in the past year. Rent it, don't buy it.

Overall: 6/10

300 - If you can get past the stylized imagery and "shouty" acting, this is a pretty decent movie. It takes an almost comic book view of real & mystical events in a moment of history, so I accepted the movie makers artistic license from the outset. The gore was awesome, completely over the top and entirely appropriate for the way this movie is shot. 300 is well worth watching in HD.

Overall: 8/10

Man on Fire (for the 4th time) - Denzel Washinton's seminal piece of artistry. A movie of 2 parts, easing you gently into the "meat" of the movie and then delivering..oh boy, does this movie deliver. If you have never seen it, go out and buy it (yes, buy it) today. Great performances from Denzel, Dakota Fanning, Christopher Walken and Marc Anthony make this a true blockbuster. Clear your schedule, buy the popcorn and enjoy it!

Overall 9/10 (possibly 10)

Recently watched:

Robin Hood 2010 - As far as accents go, Russel Crowe couldn't decide if he was from Ireland, Scotland or somewhere indistinguishable in the north of England. There were a few historical inaccuracies (which really bug me in movies that pretend they're portraying wholly realistic events) and although it was a "big budget blockbuster" I have seen much better smaller budget movies in the past year. Rent it, don't buy it.

Overall: 6/10

funny I gave it a 6.5 :p

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...highly-important-topic.1967/page-4#post-63001

Great minds and all that... :)

Indeed!

And I completely agree about Russell's appalling accent.. hehehehe, but it was still better than Kevin Costner's broad American accent "Rooooobbbbiiiin of loxxxxxxxsley" al la the previous Robin Hood film!

The best "in character" accent I thought was William Hurt - amazing for an American! the guys a brilliant actor.

Watched last night "Me and Orson Welles" [2009]. Good movie with a classic touch of older movies. Pure 1930's are captivating; and Zach Efron is believable.

An English actress, Imogen Poots, plays a minor role in it. Last time I saw her in the "Solitary Man" playing alongside of Michael Douglas. I don't know how she pools American accent so flawlessly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"Top Gun" and "Cocktail". Last night I watched both of them once again on VHS. It's like a trip by a time machine into a dream time for an old fart like me. I don't care how strange Tom Cruise is in real life. I like his acting.

Top Bottom