Last movie watched ... highly important topic.

Inception ...Utterly brilliant movie, even though sci-fi is not my 'thing'. I came out of the cinema and didn't know WHAT the hell had just happened, yet at the same time I did?! A-may-zing movie.

Knight and Day...Not a big fan of Tom Cruise (as opposed to when I was younger and watched 'Cocktail' every.single.day) so it's definitely not one of my favourite movies, but overall a generally nice way to waste 109 minutes of your life.

Machete...It's described as 'Action, adventure, crime, thriller', but i'd say it's more of a comedy...and not a very good one at that. To cut my ramblings short: it's weird. It had the style of a Tarantino movie, but not the quality.

Get him to the Greek ..I'm shocked at how many great reviews this movie gets. Has anyone seen it, did you find it funny? It's certainly no Superbad/Knocked Up. It was mildly amusing at most. STOKE THE FURRY WALL.

Grown Ups What a waste of 102 minutes. Adam Sandler has lost it.

The A Team...An awesome action packed movie, loved it!

Unthinkable Samuel L Jackson is THE MAN. Great movie.

Marley and Me...Don't watch this if you are emotionally unstable like me and cry easily. I think I went through a box of Kleenex.

On a side note - god I hate the new IMDB design.

Marley and Me...Don't watch this if you are emotionally unstable like me and cry easily. I think I went through a box of Kleenex.

Wwwwwwahhhhhhh
crying.gif
I agree, wasn't really expecting it to be so sad.

Saw the new Footloose movie tonight, it opens here in Australia on Oct 6th, sorry no idea for everyone else.

Was a lot better than I thought, even laughed out loud in many places, and the dancing (once they actually got to it) was great... hot guys and hot girls, the support actors I particularily enjoyed, it was a little slow in parts, they maybe shouldn't have played it for quite so much schmaltz in some scenes... but overall, a predictable fun little romp, that more than lives up to it's predecessor imho.

a solid 7/10 for it's genre.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watched Thor last week.. yum... also saw X Men First Class. Good but not as good as Thor :D... and couple of nights ago watched the latest Pirates of the Caribbean... who cares what the story was like, it had Johnny Depp as the equally gorgeous Captain Jack :D

I don't think there has been any really great movies this year. Been a few good ones, some okay ones and mostly disappointments that didn't live up to the type.

So I thought I'd look ahead to 2012 to see if anything has the potential to be that great, must-see movie...

Bitter disappointment. its clear in a bad economy, movie studios aren't taking chances. 2012 is the year of the sequel.

MiB III - 3D, Iron Man III, Hancock II, Blade IV, Underworld IV...and wait for it...Rock VII? Seriously?

Star Trek 2? Okay, maybe. Batman III, yes to see the end of it all.

Reboots too..

The Amazing Spider-Man, Total Recall, 21 Jump Street, Logan's Run, the Lone Ranger?

Game-to-movie:
Halo, Mass Effect, Oblivion

The list is pretty boring. Some have actual release dates, some are projects in various stages. NONE hold the potential to be the next great movie.

For 5 years it was due to be released in 2012 supposedly...

When did the Halo movie get green-lit into production? :ROFLMAO:
Fall of 2007. Since then its been an on again, off again project under Fox. Alex Garland wrote the original screenplay which has been in rewrite by D.B. Weiss. It is slated for 2012 release, but no official release date has been given. This is not an animated movie. Its another damned video game turned into a 90 minute commercial.

The really interesting thing is some of the fan films set the bar pretty high for a Halo movie.

Fall of 2007. Since then its been an on again, off again project under Fox. Alex Garland wrote the original screenplay which has been in rewrite by D.B. Weiss. It is slated for 2012 release, but no official release date has been given. This is not an animated movie. Its another damned video game turned into a 90 minute commercial.

The really interesting thing is some of the fan films set the bar pretty high for a Halo movie.

Pretty sure it's not going to happen... there's been talk of it for a while, but it's clear it's not official yet, especially when factoring in the most recent comment from 343i.

Saw the new Footloose movie tonight, it opens here in Australia on Oct 6th, sorry no idea for everyone else.

Was a lot better than I thought, even laughed out loud in many places, and the dancing (once they actually got to it) was great... hot guys and hot girls, the support actors I particularily enjoyed, it was a little slow in parts, they maybe shouldn't have played it for quite so much schmaltz in some scenes... but overall, a predictable fun little romp, that more than lives up to it's predecessor imho.

a solid 7/10 for it's genre.

I am waiting to watch this movie :) i still have old one in my collection.

Pretty sure it's not going to happen... there's been talk of it for a while, but it's clear it's not official yet, especially when factoring in the most recent comment from 343i.
I doubt it will get made too. The special effects costs in a depressed economy will make the movie way to expensive.

343i would have no say in it anyway. Microsoft only licenses them the game IP and nothing more. Besides, if it were to be released in 2012, they'd be as happy as a pig in ****, since they are releasing Halo 4 in 12/12, which gets back to the 90 minute commercial aspect. If it were going to happen 2012 is the logical timeframe. If there isn't one in 2012 (cross fingers), it will never see the light of day.

Besides, it looks like the fans can do a pretty good job on their own if they combine forces.

Some of these really make you wonder how far a movie got.

Notice the husband in the spaceport scene? Those of you who are very observant will recognize him as one of Arthur's knights from the series Merlin.

I doubt it will get made too. The special effects costs in a depressed economy will make the movie way to expensive.

343i would have no say in it anyway. Microsoft only licenses them the game IP and nothing more. Besides, if it were to be released in 2012, they'd be as happy as a pig in ****, since they are releasing Halo 4 in 12/12, which gets back to the 90 minute commercial aspect. If it were going to happen 2012 is the logical timeframe. If there isn't one in 2012 (cross fingers), it will never see the light of day.

Besides, it looks like the fans can do a pretty good job on their own if they combine forces.
Eh, considering it's the start of a new trilogy with Halo 4-6, there's at least 10 years in which they could possibly make the movie.

And actually, 343i manages pretty much the entire franchise, not just the games (books, toys, etc. goes through them).

I am waiting to watch this movie :) i still have old one in my collection.

Good stuff :D I remember the original with some fondness, but was never one of those obsessive fans of it, so I had no vested interest one way or the other with it, and was actually surprised that this remake entertained me so much.

Be interested to hear what other people think!

Watched Thor last week.. yum... also saw X Men First Class. Good but not as good as Thor :D... and couple of nights ago watched the latest Pirates of the Caribbean... who cares what the story was like, it had Johnny Depp as the equally gorgeous Captain Jack :D

Hahaha.. all three of those my hubby and son saw at the movies earlier this year, I opted not to go, but am really looking forward to the DVD versions, POTC in particular!

Top Bottom