1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large sum of issues..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by King Norse, Mar 10, 2012.

1. King Norse

King Norse New Member

I've just installed XenForo to my server. The only page that works is..

http://www.infinite-craft.com/Community/

If you try to click anything else, you get an error and it takes you back to my server host's web page.

I've gone into the admin panel and created a new page but that only makes a new forum subject.

To get new pages do I need to make a new folder in my directory and install xenforo to that folder? Seems like that's something you wouldn't do, so I am lost.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a the Community directory, but hovering over some links, did you upload the files to community/forum by chance?

3. King Norse

King Norse New Member

Yes, I uploaded all my files into a folder called "Community" just as the installation instructions said.

4. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I'm getting errors that the server is too busy.

5. King Norse

King Norse New Member

Was I not supposed to put xenforo in my Community folder?

6. Edrondol

7. Edrondol

Bueno! Well done, young man! Works perfectly now.

8. jackrouse

jackrouse Member

the best place is the public_html file or equivalent on your server

9. Edrondol

Need to set up your Home tab to redirect to the community directory. You do this by going to your ACP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Home Page URL.

And I hope you don't already know this. That way I'm helpful and not just being a meddling tool.

10. King Norse

King Norse New Member

Oh, I didn't see that there. Thanks a bunch!

11. King Norse

King Norse New Member

I've set the basic Board information homepage URL to www.Infinite-Craft.com and it's still just a white page for me.

12. King Norse

King Norse New Member

13. Edrondol

14. King Norse

King Norse New Member

15. Edrondol

You'd have to have content - whether this is a portal page or something else like a WordPerfect page - at the root of the /public_html.

16. King Norse

King Norse New Member

Okay, thank you.

17. King Norse

King Norse New Member

And for my forums, I go into a post and it gives me an error. Any suggestions?

18. Edrondol

Depends on the error. Screen print?

19. Edrondol

You got something messed up, dude. I tried to register on your site to take a look at it and I got a 404 screen.

20. Edrondol

Sorry for the triple post. Did you create a /forums directory? Because some things are pointing to /forums and some things are still pointing at /Community.

edit (so I don't quad post):

I'm going to be switching back over to my game - coincidentally enough, Minecraft - but I'll stay on my Skype just in case you want to talk about it. I'll probably be on it for an hour or so from this posting.

Skype is either under David Nihsen or Edrondol. Not sure which one you see. If I don't hear from you then that's cool, too. Good luck!