Languages and How To Handle Them

beanfan78

My forum has been getting a lot of non-English attention lately and I love it. However, I have never got into the language aspect of the forum. I am unsure if I should install language packs or continue adding forums for different languages. How have you death with languages?

I made a few (4) forums to test out to see how I need to go about bringing my forum to a truly international stage so I can welcome everyone. What have you done? I searched around for this and it's mostly threads starting out like I am here and silence. I am unsure if I should take it as not a lot of forums do it, or it's a waste of time.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Installing language packs allows users to select that language for their interface - like instead of reply, they will see rispondere or whatever their language's word for reply is. I think it's a good idea to install the language that your users are speaking, especially if you've already supported that language on the content side of things by making a forum for them. Installing a language pack is not much different than installing any other add-on. It only takes a few clicks.

Installing language packs allows users to select that language for their interface - like instead of reply, they will see rispondere or whatever their language's word for reply is. I think it's a good idea to install the language that your users are speaking, especially if you've already supported that language on the content side of things by making a forum for them. Installing a language pack is not much different than installing any other add-on. It only takes a few clicks.

Thanks for offering your insight. I was able to load them in last night and check it out. Very cool and I want to bring in more people around the world so I am making a effort for those members. I may even try my hand making a couple language packas that aren't covered in the language resources. I would love to do Filipino and some of the dialects for example. Anyways, this has been a complete eye opener and I love it!

Top Bottom