1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Languages and How To Handle Them

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by beanfan78, Apr 24, 2016.

1. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

My forum has been getting a lot of non-English attention lately and I love it. However, I have never got into the language aspect of the forum. I am unsure if I should install language packs or continue adding forums for different languages. How have you death with languages?

I made a few (4) forums to test out to see how I need to go about bringing my forum to a truly international stage so I can welcome everyone. What have you done? I searched around for this and it's mostly threads starting out like I am here and silence. I am unsure if I should take it as not a lot of forums do it, or it's a waste of time.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

2. StarArmy

StarArmy Active Member

Installing language packs allows users to select that language for their interface - like instead of reply, they will see rispondere or whatever their language's word for reply is. I think it's a good idea to install the language that your users are speaking, especially if you've already supported that language on the content side of things by making a forum for them. Installing a language pack is not much different than installing any other add-on. It only takes a few clicks.

ScarletCox likes this.
  3. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Thanks for offering your insight. I was able to load them in last night and check it out. Very cool and I want to bring in more people around the world so I am making a effort for those members. I may even try my hand making a couple language packas that aren't covered in the language resources. I would love to do Filipino and some of the dialects for example. Anyways, this has been a complete eye opener and I love it!

ScarletCox and StarArmy like this.