1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kuyro

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by JayX, Jun 25, 2013.

1. JayX

JayX Active Member

Hey, I'm looking for some feedback on a brand new forum, Kuyro.

Link: www.kuyro.com

Obviously it needs more content and members, but that will come with time. In terms of the forum itself, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I like the logo, though I personally hate the theme. How did you come up with Kuyro?

JayX likes this.
  3. JayX

JayX Active Member

Thanks for your response. The theme can be changed to a blue version, may I ask if you prefer that? Or is the whole design of the theme that you're against?

To be honest, Kuyro doesn't have a specific meaning, it's just a unique, short name that will hopefully be memorable for a general discussion forum.

4. Matthew Hawley

I hate the whole design and the colors.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Fortunately for you, having no taste doesn't preclude having an opinion. ;)

Steve F likes this.
  6. Matthew Hawley

I got taste...just i don't like your theme.

7. JayX

JayX Active Member

I do appreciate your opinion and in the near future I will probably be adding another style so users have more options.

However, to be fair, I really like John's style and have already had several people compliment me on the design. :)

I guess until there are a few more options it's going to be hard to please everyone.

John likes this.
  8. JayX

JayX Active Member

Does anyone have any advice for a new forum administrator on how to bring active members to the forum?

9. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Content is the key.

JayX likes this.
  10. JayX

JayX Active Member

I've heard people say that, but is that just based on the idea that people are more likely to find the site via search engines if the content is good?

11. Matthew Hawley

No its true.

12. JayX

JayX Active Member

In what way? How does good content actually help new people to find the site, as that's essentially what I'm struggling with.

13. Matthew Hawley

Well, if people are searching for something, the more content you have, the more likely the person might see a result leading to your site. If I'm correct.

JayX likes this.
  14. JayX

JayX Active Member

The forum is growing pretty quickly. I'd appreciate more feedback from you guys if possible. :)

15. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

My feedback is with the style in that you made a good choice. Nice work JayX and long may your community continue to flourish.

JayX likes this.
  16. JayX

JayX Active Member

Thanks a lot Shelley, I really appreciate that.

Any advice on bringing new members to the site? Where have you all found is the best place to promote a new forum?

17. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I highly recommend you give www.forumpromotion.net a try to promote your site. They allow you to showcase your site and have yielded good results in the past.

18. JayX

JayX Active Member

Thanks, I've already tried that but will continue to bump my forum's thread every couple of days. :)

19. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Definitely content. The better content you get, the more linkbacks, the more linkbacks you get the higher your PR, the higher your PR the most likely you'll get better indexes and higher search results, etc. But yes, it's all about content, and not repeated content, but unique content, that's what the algorithm of google tries to go for, at least in simple terms.

I also like the design, good job and good luck with it! :)

JayX likes this.
  20. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Do you not yet have a favicon? It'd be a nice to have your own favicon! :)