Known Bots

Known Bots 6.0.3

No permission to download
I noticed the <a href=""> links on the bots doesn't have rel="nofollow"

I can do it myself, but thought maybe it should be added to the addon in a future release?

@Sim any chance you can add a flag to disable reporting of bots in the forum stats?

Do you mean the change I made in v2.3.0 above where it adds the robot count to the stats widget? I can add a switch to disable that.

Reactions: Xon
Do you mean the change I made in v2.3.0 above where it adds the robot count to the stats widget? I can add a switch to disable that.
Yup, a global option or a style property (both are about the same complexity to implement).

I'm aware you can just disable the template modifications but users (ie one of my clients) aren't used to diving into that part of the admincp to disable that sort of feature.

It's still missing a lot of poorly behaved Chinese bots like this one:

114.119.162.166 (ecs-114-119-162-166.compute.hwclouds-dns.com)

There are a whole list of these in the114.119.* range and the 159.138.* ramge, among others.

It's still missing a lot of poorly behaved Chinese bots like this one:

114.119.162.166 (ecs-114-119-162-166.compute.hwclouds-dns.com)

There are a whole list of these in the114.119.* range and the 159.138.* ramge, among others.

What user agent do those bots use?

To be clear: this addon does not and cannot identify robots based on IP address - it only ever considers the user agent. I won't be changing that functionality in this addon.

If you have bots which are masking their user agent, then you should just block them at the web server level - I have a simple deny list in nginx which I add bad IP addresses to.

Top Bottom