Kier/Mike... stop listening to us.

Ruven

You got a juicy porterhouse steak on the grill and we are starving for some red meat.
I know the right thing to do is to wait till its well done, making sure all bacteria have been killed and all.
But you have to deal with all sorts of people coming in to open the grill and smell the steak, everyone telling you that it looks like it needs a little salt, or some extra pepper, maybe some garlic, etc...
Then you got some who wont eat a steak without steak sauce.
Each time these amateur cooks pops his head in... you lose valuable heat needed to cook the steak properly.
Opening and closing the lid of the BBQ tends to dry the meat out too.

So what im saying basically is that when you have a quality cut of meet thats been well marinated and seasoned by a professional grillmaster... its alright to eat it a little rare.
Im sure there is no E-Coli in this beef, im confident that you have used only the finest ingredients and preparation standards. That i will not suffer from food poisoning of any kind, and that i will throughly enjoy this bloody steak.

The alternative is to continue eating this stale, tough, and tasteless veggie burger mystery meat.
But i would much rather have some of this xtra fine grade beef, because a porterhouse is still a great tasting cut of meat even when its rare.

You got a juicy porterhouse steak on the grill and we are starving for some red meat.
I know the right thing to do is to wait till its well done, making sure all bacteria have been killed and all.
But you have to deal with all sorts of people coming in to open the grill and smell the steak, everyone telling you that it looks like it needs a little salt, or some extra pepper, maybe some garlic, etc...
Each time these amateur cooks pops his head in... you lose valuable heat needed to cook the steak properly.

So what im saying basically is that when you have a quality cut of meet thats been well marinated and seasoned by a professional grillmaster... its alright to eat it a little rare.
Im sure there is no E-Coli in this beef, im confident that you have used only the finest ingredients and preparation standards. That i will not suffer from food poisoning of any kind, and that i will throughly enjoy this bloody steak.

The alternative is to continue eating this stale, tough, and tasteless veggie burger mystery meat.
But i would much rather have some of this xtra fine grade beef, because a porterhouse is still a great tasting cut of meat even when its rare.
LOL very well thought out and an joy to read.

The veggies are thinking "where is the veggie option?". The veggie option is the veggie burger over there :P (acknowledges Ruven)
I think from what has been demonstrated so far, that the grillmasters here are in a league of their own ;)
Uh, I can see this thread taking on a life of it's own...

A very good analogy, agreed. However, if you are planning to eat those stakes alone then you shouldn''t listen to the other people. But on the other hand, if you are planning to share them with others or better said, to sell them, then you should listen to those amateur cooks as you put it, who will buy/eat your steaks ;)

The veggies are thinking "where is the veggie option?". The veggie option is the veggie burger over there :p (acknowledges Ruven)
I think from what has been demonstrated so far, that the grillmasters here are in a league of their own ;)
Uh, I can see this thread taking on a life of it's own...
For the vegetarians of the site you guys can grill up a nice nopal steak.
What is a nopal stake you might ask?
Its a big flat pad of cactus, you drizzle some lemon on it, maybe some butter or olive oil, a little salt, a dash of cayenne pepper and grill it till it starts getting nice and tender.
It tastes fantastic, is very healthy, and it makes a great compliment to a steak.
Of course it IS the steak for vegetarians... but its much better than eating some preservative laden veggie burger made with testosterone-killing soy protein.

The Nopal Steak = Plugin/Style Repository
:D

The nopal cactus is still being grown, once its ready for cultivation its pads will sprout and produce much great fruits for all to enjoy!

I am hungry now, M+K give me that bloody steak ! ;)

....You obviously don't understand that passionate customers are the best kinds of customers. The hate towards VBulletin right now is through the roof right now. And to satisfy their needs or wants, xenforo devs are doing whatever they can to keep them hooked in. Most of these 'passionate' fans are the ones that STAYED with vbulletin from the beginning of their start-up phase. So my point still remains.

This thread has been great to read. xenForo seems to be the most ascetically pleasing forum I have come across. The way it works is seamless from what I have found so far, and I hope to get my steak once the chef decides it's ready for me. If that means waiting a while, then I will wait a while. But I won't be bugging him/them to get it cooked faster, some foods are better cooked slowly!!

....You obviously don't understand that passionate customers are the best kinds of customers. The hate towards VBulletin right now is through the roof right now. And to satisfy their needs or wants, xenforo devs are doing whatever they can to keep them hooked in. Most of these 'passionate' fans are the ones that STAYED with vbulletin from the beginning of their start-up phase. So my point still remains.
As a cook i usually let people give me all of their feedback, all their tips, and all the suggestions they want.
I make them feel like ive understood their point of view, that their opinions matter and that i will take them into consideration as i cook the food im about to serve them.
And then i do whatever it is i wanted to do in the first place :D
The cook knows best!

But yeah, sometimes someone will tune me in to a spice im not accustomed to using that turns out to have great effect... but those moments are few.

Top Bottom