Kids have to start sometime right!?

Russ

Well... I gave into the lil bugger :)

connor.webp

Yes. When I got my first computer as a kid I spent all of my time using educational programs.
uhh.gif

I had no choice when I 1st used a PC.

It was DOS and no operating system. I had one educational spelling game.

Then got Windows 3.1 and it has lame games too, though I played DOOM :D

These days though there is so much a kid can do. So you really gotta control their habits.

I see to many kids addicted to these FB games and what not. They sit there all day playing it and no school work gets done. Then they blame the professors and teacher, that they are not being easy enough of them.

My son got his first computer at age 3 (he's 11 now). He can do things on a computer that I could only dream about.
A program glitched on the school's computers last week. They called the tech guy to come fix it. No go. SO, they called me to ask for permission to get my SON to look at it.
I said sure.

The brat fixed it.

It's loaded with Ubuntu, they have a bunch of educational applications for download so we'll start there :)

Did you pick one pre-loaded with *nix for a reason? Think they have started to hit the Aussie market but windoze still dominates here.

So cute Dad :D Congratulations to your son and may he enjoy his journey into Geekdom :)

We gave our son his first computer at 3 too Peggy... but he wrecked it, and the next 3 he got lol, luckily they were old bangers and it didn't really matter.

For years he was .....

*Huge soundtrack, Movie preview voiceover, Waving Cape flying*

DESTRUCTO BOY - a boy so destructive anything electrical or electronic within a 10 metre radius instantly curls up and dies!!!

So cute Dad :D Congratulations to your son and may he enjoy his journey into Geekdom :)

We gave our son his first computer at 3 too Peggy... but he wrecked it, and the next 3 he got lol, luckily they were old bangers and it didn't really matter.

For years he was .....

*Huge soundtrack, Movie preview voiceover, Waving Cape flying*

DESTRUCTO BOY - a boy so destructive anything electrical or electronic within a 10 metre radius instantly curls up and dies!!!
WOW, lol. Most aspies I've met are electronics geeks. Then there are those who would rather a computer burned than ran.

Oh he is a total electronics geek... but the puttting back together is not as easy as the taking apart heheehheehhe
Thank GOD mine hasn't started taking them apart yet. He likes being on them too much to think about taking them apart!

The only thing that scared me is things like getting glasses at an early age for the kid, socially some kids don't develop spending time on the PC. etc.. etc.. There are a few problems, but they only come up if the parent gives them a computer and lets them do what ever.

If rules are in place, I think it can be given to a kid at an early age.

The only thing that scared me is things like getting glasses at an early age for the kid, socially some kids don't develop spending time on the PC. etc.. etc.. There are a few problems, but they only come up if the parent gives them a computer and lets them do what ever.

If rules are in place, I think it can be given to a kid at an early age.

He was up till 4am last night on Hulu, I think that's ok.

Top Bottom