Kids have to start sometime right!?

Well I know personally. I was allowed to stay that late. I kinda wish not though, because my sleeping pattern SUCKED. I was always dead tired in the mornings for school and just in general.

Even now I try to avoid staying on late even coding or what not.

You bought that for the kid? :)
Wonderful gift, don't you think?
yes.gif

You bought that for the kid? :)

And btw, I got the same laptop! (y)
Wonderful gift, don't you think?
yes.gif

Totally awesome Gift.

My Daughter is unlikely to ever really need her own as there is currently 4 PC's/Laptops in this house and another two are going to be added soon... And there is only 3 of us living here... :P...

She however not even 4 and can already use a PC, Laptop and Games Console better than I would have ever imagined...

Tandy. Commodore 64. Punch cards. Cassette drives. I'm old.

Hell, I never saw my first PC until my senior year in high school. Before that they really didn't exist.

I would have given the kid a nice iPad to get familiar with an interface first, while putting it in a secure environment.

Mine is getting an iPod touch for Christmas (YES I found one I could afford!). Now I don't have to share my iPhone anymore.
egyptiandance.gif

I can't remember the exact make of the first PC I ever used, but I know it had some version of MS-DOS on it and had various educational games, as well as shareware Doom.

The first computer I remember owning with a GUI was a Packard Bell that had the (then new) Windows 95 on it. I remember really liking it, it was a fun machine. Then we eventually got a Win98 machine, kept that for many years (at least six years), and then finally got an XP machine around 2004 or so.

Tandy. Commodore 64. Punch cards. Cassette drives. I'm old.

Hell, I never saw my first PC until my senior year in high school. Before that they really didn't exist.

Back in the day when every manufacturer had their own operating system LOL

If you start getting misty eyed over the Amiga we'll have to slap you.

Page 2 and this thread hasn't erupted into an Apple v Microsoft flame war yet, how refreshing from normal forums.

Back in the day when every manufacturer had their own operating system LOL

If you start getting misty eyed over the Amiga we'll have to slap you.

Page 2 and this thread hasn't erupted into an Apple v Microsoft flame war yet, how refreshing from normal forums.

That's because Microsoft is CLEARLY superior.

:p

I can't remember the exact make of the first PC I ever used, but I know it had some version of MS-DOS on it and had various educational games, as well as shareware Doom.

The first computer I remember owning with a GUI was a Packard Bell that had the (then new) Windows 95 on it. I remember really liking it, it was a fun machine. Then we eventually got a Win98 machine, kept that for many years (at least six years), and then finally got an XP machine around 2004 or so.

I still have my Win 98 machine, though I installed XP on it and use it as a server now.

Good old days!!

Top Bottom