Keyword Replace by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Keyword Replace by Waindigo (version 1.0.0b) - Subject user-generated text to keyword replacement rules defined in your admin control panel.

Similar to the built-in censorship function, this add-on allows the administrator to define a keyword or phrase and a replacement value, which can include a URL, overlay or other HTML code. Any occurrences of the keyword or phrase in user content is replaced as appropriate.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_KeywordReplace.xml file.
Licence and...

Read more about this resource...

It's going to be good to see how this develops :)

Just to preempt some questions....
You can define your keyword replacements via the admin area under admin -> options -> keyword replace (just under the censorship options)

Like a Virgin, Touched for the very first time.

lost.my.virginity.webp

And after basking in the glow for a moment, I'm prompted for requests, just minutes later for "Round2".

virgin.round.2.wandigo.webp
Keep 'em coming ?

this would work for animated smilies ! :)

Suggestions:
- enable "Mass importing of items".
- populate Keyword Replace with some default items.
- tabs or categories ?

Hmm, so how about a calc on the replacement to a certain document and anchor....outside of XF?
Or, even inside of it but that would have to be a carefully defined glossary...

Example of outside replacement......

Words - URL
prefab - hearth.com/glossary/#prefab
flue - hearth.com/glossary/#flue

The idea here would be to only have to put the base URL in once, as opposed to typing it for each word.

Does it already work this way? Or could it?

Or, have it use a JS popup or rollover with the definition!

Overlay is what opens the contact form, member card and other things. You could use it for 'pages' depending on how the pages are coded.

this would work for animated smilies ! :)

Suggestions:
- enable "Mass importing of items".
- populate Keyword Replace with some default items.
- tabs or categories ?
Mass importing.... from what?
default items.... well, every forum is different and these are so dead easy to set up. However, what default items do you suggest?
Tabs or categories.... Can you elaborate as I dont understand..

Hmm, so how about a calc on the replacement to a certain document and anchor....outside of XF?
Or, even inside of it but that would have to be a carefully defined glossary...

Example of outside replacement......

Words - URL
prefab - hearth.com/glossary/#prefab
flue - hearth.com/glossary/#flue

The idea here would be to only have to put the base URL in once, as opposed to typing it for each word.

Does it already work this way? Or could it?

Or, have it use a JS popup or rollover with the definition!

I could certainly add this, but it is not available in the current version, except for internal links which open up in an overlay. Please message me if you are interested in adding any of these features and I will provide you with a cost estimate.

Suggestion: be able to delete keyword replace items.

Mass importing.... from what?
People could make animated smiley sets, export them, and allow others to import them.

default items.... well, every forum is different and these are so dead easy to set up. However, what default items do you suggest?
Some really cool HTML things. Make it easy for newbies to just copy and edit the HTML examples for their own needs.

Tabs or categories.... Can you elaborate as I dont understand..
So far it is one big list.
That is going to become unwieldy over time !

Animated smileys are easily possible using the smileys manager under xenforo.... why twist this into something when native support for animated smileys already exists? Weird if you ask me.

I could certainly add this, but it is not available in the current version, except for internal links which open up in an overlay. Please message me if you are interested in adding any of these features and I will provide you with a cost estimate.

I would pay for the add-on with these features or contribute towards the mods if 3 or 4 (or 10) others want the same thing.

DD, my idea with the "base url" would only require listing the words, not the URL. You'd list the url once, and from point on, the URL would match the base plus the word or term.

I guess for real value, it would have to have at least two word terms available....

examples:
zero clearance = hearth.com/glossary/#zero_clearance
clearance = hearth.com/glossary/#clearance
combustibles = hearth.com/glossary/#combustibles

I've never previously thought of this entire feature - so it's really nice folks are thinking outside the box. I have a glossary, but the more I think about it, the small hover or overlay or pop-up (pulling in from that or a db) would be superior in most cases to folks having to navigate outside of the forum post.

My glossary is at:
http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/glossary

Top Bottom