KAM, an CMS is it possible in the future?

Put it in the suggestions forum.

Currently no roadmaps are provided, so getting an answer will be unlikely.

Developers, if no plan is provided, say in that thread so as not to think to members that this is possible and this way, members can turn to another addon.

Developers, if no plan is provided, say in that thread so as not to think to members that this is possible and this way, members can turn to another addon.

They have never given a roadmap. Why must they now state that .... "they aren't providing a roadmap"? It's been posted countless times by board moderators.

As seen above:

Currently no roadmaps are provided, so getting an answer will be unlikely.

I'm certain if this was not the case, the forum moderators would not be posting it as fact.

But "yes" is a commitment, and people would likely start crying "when", and asking questions, and many other things. And getting nervous when they don't deliver.

And if developers are working on a portal (like XenPorta 2.0) that might be just put aside because an official one is on the way, so why bother developing a 3rd party one, and then if they decide to cancel the official CMS then the third party one lost a good amount of time

IMHO we have to do a crowfund to have this...for a real CMS like IP.Content. :)
I don't expect to see a CMS in the next versions...there are only 2 coders. Xenforo IMHO need another coder. I don't understand why KAM doesn't hire another programmer...

Kier/Mike -> Xenforo Forum, RM & ES
3° coder -> CMS

IMHO we have to do a crowfund to have this...for a real CMS like IP.Content. :)
I don't expect to see a CMS in the next versions...there are only 2 coders. Xenforo IMHO need another coder. I don't understand why KAM doesn't hire another programmer...

Kier/Mike -> Xenforo Forum, RM & ES
3° coder -> CMS

They don't need another one, plus you forgot the huge lawsuit they had to go through a year or so ago?
Honestly for a team of 2 guys, they did more than vB with 0940940194 devs over the last 5-6 years.
Stop complaining, you should be glad they are on top of the updates.

It's always been the same discussion with vBulletin, and I rather see the focus being kept on developing the forum core. There are suitable solutions, not perfect but with some minor tweaking you can get what you want. I do agree it would be nice if there would be a developer extra, but the focus should remain on the forums.

And what is your desire exactly for a cms? A decent landing page for the forums or a full blown article/review system or just a wordpress like solution?

Because we have pages, we have the resource manager and there is a nice bridge for Wordpress and some decent portal options. And it would be nice if things like the widget system and such would be core functionality because it brings a lot of flexibility to provide information on specific pages.

So much wishes, so little time :P

Like already mentioned, there are only 2 developers managing three products. Given the amount of money they spent on the lawsuit (and the toll it took), I doubt that they are in the position to add another developer.

They don't need another one, plus you forgot the huge lawsuit they had to go through a year or so ago?
Honestly for a team of 2 guys, they did more than vB with 0940940194 devs over the last 5-6 years.
Stop complaining, you should be glad they are on top of the updates.

How do you see a complain? I've just make a "neutral" osservation. :)
I think it's a miracle that 2 coders have created this marvellous community.

It's very difficult for only 2 coders to code, mantain and support another main addon. This is the reason i think they should hire another coder.

If you see, the IPB Team is larger, and if you see here, the marketshare of Xenforo is far superior to IPB. I think that if Xenforo creates a CMS, they will gain hundred new licenses in few months...

Like already mentioned, there are only 2 developers managing three products. Given the amount of money they spent on the lawsuit (and the toll it took), I doubt that they are in the position to add another developer.

I don't think we should speculate on what the financial state of XenForo is. Same say they live at the end of the rainbow ;) Don't know if it's the end with the pot of gold or not :P

Fpr the future, so just see what happens next. We can't predict whats coming next and KAM follow the best release schedule to keep us happy: When its done. Every other promise will get hordes of angry people if they miss a deadline and it will be contraproductive.

Why add a cms when there is a 3rd party add-on that can do what your looking for? The point of forum software is having forums.
But maybe there vision of the product is not "forum software", maybe it is "community management" :)
In which case any related product becomes fair game, be it blogs, cms, galleries, portal, social networking, etc

Indeed. I think their statement on the homepage says it all. It's broader then just forums. It's the whole community experience.

Screenshot 2014-05-17 13.57.14.webp

Top Bottom