KAM, an CMS is it possible in the future?

Even if XF wrote the world's greatest CMS with no impact to the forum software, it would take years to get up to the level that WP is at right now simply from an ecosystem standpoint. In addition, a good bridge might encourage sites that are primarily content/comment driven to implement good forums without a lot of pain to the users.

Personally, a CMS like IP.Content (XF.Content :D) is sufficient for my project. And i'm sure that many users will prefer a simple cms but totally integrated with Xenforo and official than a bridge.

I'd rather see an official widget system than a CMS at this point. xfrocks's addon is great but I imagine development of widgets would be much more widespread if it was developed by the XF team. I also feel that a widget system is more realistic than a full blown CMS feature and falls more in line with the types of features we see released from XF.

I think a full customizable entrance page, landing page, portal, whatsoever..., is much more needed than a full CMS. Most people just want to highlight some forum content in an appealing way. Combine this with a widget system, which grabs and displays the data and you will have the next big feature.

As i see, the majority of users who ask a CMS think at something like IP.Content or VBCMS (okay...better and more polished than vbcms!). You can't done it with a portal (like Xenporta/Extraportal) and widgets.

Top Bottom