Just wanted to thank the Xenforo Staff/Developers

And it actually takes 3 years to implement a different style and "migration system"? :eek:
Hey I'm not agreeing with their timetables I'm just saying information has been released that is somewhat more than a usual plaster on a knife wound.

Style delays, promise(!) of a new methodology for releases to improve release schedule. This is all new information.

Oh and we also know 3.0 is following 2.3 and that it shouldn't be long after 2.3 that it's out. Not sure that's a good thing but hey.

Give it up..,
Defend your reasoning of the "need" of post numbers... or admit that you can't and that it's simply what YOU are used to.
I did a search here based upon post #... care to guess how many relevant responses I got that referred to an actual post?
If you guessed ZERO.. you win.

Hey I'm not agreeing with their timetables I'm just saying information has been released
Some information has been rehashed and presented once more in a massaged format.. honestly.. the statement given wasn't much more than what was given by Kier over a year ago.
I'm sorry.. I'm no longer one of those "rah rah Xenforo" fanbois that slaver over any statement they make. I'm more now the "show me the meat" type.
And funnily.. it tends to torque certain of the XF staff off.... :rolleyes:
There's a reason that there is a phrase of "slap happy".

Would I love to see actual visible progress with XF.. you bet your happy posterior I would... otherwise I would not have stayed with it consistently over a decade when I've had licenses of both WoltLab and IPS.. XF has been the consistent one I've ran.
It's rather funny to watch the "fanbois" trot out, many of which this is the only paid script they have ran... unable to do valid comparisons other than as an end user. When someone that has shouted as long and hard for XF as I have begins to have questions... then it should really start to make those developers have some concerns... and it is not only me... I just happen to be one that has no issues vocalizing my concerns... and getting XF moderators upset with me.

Exactly what "update" did we get any over what we got a year ago and were promised "updates (specifically inferred HYS) within the week".
As I have said (and this has pissed at least one XF moderator off)... talk is cheap... actions speak louder.. and 3 years later we still haven't seen any action.

For me, shutting down the rumors of this being the end and Chris reinforcing the fact that they're still working was huge. Then, follow that up with Kier's post where he actually gives a reason as to what the delay was caused by, and a path going forward, and I'm not sure what else we have to complain about other than it's taken so long to get to this point.

I'm a lot more hopeful today that we're getting closer to a HYS than I was yesterday. I'm also fairly excited for the new release schedule Kier mentioned. If we still don't see any action within the next few months now, I'm sure my hope will dwindle again but I couldn't imagine today being the day I decide enough is enough.

I have zero interest in XF from a forum standpoint as I don't run one any more so have no qualms for or against - I just stick around to see the development and keep an ear to the ground in case it comes back on my radar.

How many of them have 10K+ posts?
BTW, I'm simply saying it is LESS likely I'll spend additional funds on Xenforo... I already have a site heavily invested in it's ecosphere.
Exactly what draws me currently (other than 3rd party add-ons) to the "benefits" that XF "grants" me?
Our forum is kinda old (2003) and has over a million posts, it's based on a slowly dying game with an even slightly dying gamer base, we have a few people at over 10k, even more at over 5k, however personally, I do prefer quality over quantity though. not really checked your previous posts, but hope you're getting the attention your after from this post. (y)

News to me.
You @Brogan are the rare exception... you are XF's "superhero"... someone that the others in the support staff/developers could take a lesson from.
I have seen @Jeremy P somewhat more active lately.. and that has been a good sign.. but sorry, it does't offset many of the negatives.
I think you and I both know where a large portion of the support has been coming from recently on the forums.

You @Brogan are the rare exception... you are XF's "superhero"... someone that the others could take a lesson from.

I don't think that's fair.

Until their increased workloads took over, both @Kier and @Chris D helped out, especially in the dev forums.
@Chris D has the second highest post count in the forum.

@Jeremy P has been doing a great job recently of answering dev questions.

Recall that the forum is community based support primarily, although staff members will help out when they can.

Thankfully we have a very active and helpful community of XF owners who are more than willing to put time and effort into helping others.

Defend your reasoning of the "need" of post numbers... or admit that you can't and that it's simply what YOU are used to.
I did a search here based upon post #... care to guess how many relevant responses I got that referred to an actual post?
If you guessed ZERO.. you win.
I already did in my first post to you. You simply obsessively persist with your strawman argument which by definition I don't have to defend against. I think you just like arguing. You're embarrassing yourself now.

Until their increased workloads took over, both @Kier and @Chris helped out, especially in the dev forums.
And then they went dead silent in most instances.
and that is why I edited and mentioned him... I didn't want to leave him out of the "kudos".

Recall that the forum is community based support primarily, although staff members will help out when they can.
Recall that some of us have been license holders and members here and are a LOT more used to direct developer interaction... when that direct developer interaction runs off the cliff, the business needs to figure another way of how to address the weakness of not keeping those that keep their doors open updated.

Thankfully we have a very active and helpful community of XF owners who are more than willing to put time and effort into helping others.
Yep, and even being the arse that some of you may think me.. I'm one of them. I'm simply getting burned out on "covering" in many instances when we are not even given the dignity of even half-arsed updates.

You simply obsessively persist with your strawman argument which by definition I don't have to defend against. I think you just like arguing.
No, you never gave a definitive reason of why post numbers were "required"... simply on why you "preferred" them.
I simply pointed out to you where they aren't required, and in fact, are rarely used any longer for referring others to specific post, a link being more fitting... but do what you want to do... just realize that post numbers equate to myspace. Both have the same "pertinence" in todays society. :p

Can you give me any examples of where XF currently exceeds IPS?

I can only guess: Maybe such a thread like this one would not be allowed there. Here you even get answers from staff.. 🤷‍♂️

My suggestion: cool down first.

we get them too, then they make new accounts to "hide" on lol

And after getting "detected", they tend to rename their account to the former user name.

How many of them have 10K+ posts?

for my forum: only a few, most just 1k+ posts..

So you would prefer the developers to spend less time developing and more time interacting on the forum?
I would prefer that they engage a professional that can interact in a knowledgeable way with their license holders.. it doesn't "require" it to be a developer.. hell, it doesn't even require it to be a direct XenForo employee... they could easily outside contract to do so..
So sorry... that straw-man quickly burns to the ground.

And if a year later you get the same comment?

At least for today, I'm fairly confident that won't be the case, especially with the new release process.

If you're meaning that a year from now we still don't have 2.3, which I'm also confident won't be the case, I'm not sure. As I've always said, I'll go with whatever I feel like is best for me and my site(s). If that means switching next month, then that's what I'll have to do.

My confidence in XF is back, though, at least for now. It's mainly because we finally got an explanation as to why, and, because of that, I'll soon begin working on a new site I've had on the backburner with XF. I've primarily just wanted a "why" from the XF team. We finally got that today.

Again, I'm not trying to question your decision and I don't mean to sound argumentative, I'm just genuinely curious as to why today? You could have done this any day within the last year and nobody would've batted an eye. Well, someone would have...but most probably would have understood. Doing it today, though...super confusing, at least to me. But...it doesn't need to make sense to me...I was just curious as to what, if anything, made you decide today was it. In the end, everyone gets to make their own choices about what's best for them and their site(s). If that means IPS for you on your new site, then I say go for it and good luck!

At least for today, I'm fairly confident that won't be the case, especially with the new release process
I can only hope so... I'm holding off on IPS as I would LOVE to se more firm information on XenForo... since as I've said.. it's the ONLY stble script I've stuck on for over a decade having used other paid ones.

If that means switching next month, then that's what I'll have to do.
And that's the current situation I'm facing... I want to move my site off SMF... but the current "feel" of XF isn't that comforting.. so I'm having to contemplate other alternatives.. each which has their own issues.

I'm just genuinely curious as to why today?
Because it's time today to move off SMF for that site and forward to a better script that will allow me to push it forward.. and I really don't want to end up "throwing" money away.
Yes, there have been "words given" as to what is coming.. but once more..what is different with the recent words compared to those a year ago?
Once we start seeing actual HYS's... then that is a lot more solid objective.. in fact, nothing currently stops the XF developers giving "pre-previews" of what is planned/working on... not necessarily what is coming.

And whether the XF developers/staff realize it or not.... my main concern is seeing such a fantastic script languishing. I just happen to be a little more direct and outspoken than others are... and that hurts the "feelers" of some. Welcome to Texas.. where you are told what it is.. not what you wish it to be. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I don't think that's fair.

Until their increased workloads took over, both @Kier and @Chris helped out, especially in the dev forums.

It looks like @Mike left a dent when he left. @Xon would be a great asset to the team.

It looks like @Mike left a dent when he left. @Xon would be a great asset to the team.
I don't know if that is true... the biggest issue that most have had is the severe lack of communication from XenForo (the company, not necessarily the developers). It's a classic case that I've ran into in my career in IT... you find brilliant programmers that run a company.. but their customer service sucks. I won't even go into how hard I and my boss had to work to get an AS/400 developer product purchased by our city.. it was a brilliant product.. but when the company owner (and prime developer) came before the city council, he might as well have shot himself in both feet with a 12 gauge shotgun.... it took months to "recover" from his damage.. and once we finally did go with that software, it was fantastic.

Top Bottom