XF 1.5 JUST PLEASE HELP

Chris57

Omg so I bought XenForo and I am a little disappointed... Some people including myself don't understand all of this, I made the mysql and all that stuff and I am just down to putting things in the "www" file. Once I did that I went to my internet browser and type in "localhost" as stated. It came up with the following error message.

The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:

The directory C:\wamp\www\data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be the world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist please create it.

The directory C:\wamp\www\internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be the world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist please create it.

Please help me! I spent $140 and I want this up tonight!!!

It sounds like you are trying to learn two things at once. If you have never run a web server before you are in over your head. I also hope you are installing this on wamp for testing and not trying to run the server out of your house in a poorly configured environment.

I'd honestly suggest throwing a few bucks a month on shared hosting just so you have something that actually works while you learn the forum software. As easy as it could be to setup a webserver it's not entirely in the scope of support. As far as getting your directory permissions setup I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. Apache and windows file permissions were a source of hatred for me.

It sounds like you are trying to learn two things at once. If you have never run a web server before you are in over your head. I also hope you are installing this on wamp for testing and not trying to run the server out of your house in a poorly configured environment.

I'd honestly suggest throwing a few bucks a month on shared hosting just so you have something that actually works while you learn the forum software. As easy as it could be to setup a webserver it's not entirely in the scope of support. As far as getting your directory permissions setup I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. Apache and windows file permissions were a source of hatred for me.

Yes, I am on wamp and everything else is great. I am on the final step here and that's fixing this error... After that I will be all set.

First off you need to stop spamming people for help. That isn't going to tide well on here and really isn't allowed. Have some patience.

Do these two folders exist?

C:\wamp\www\data

and

C:\wamp\www\internal_data

If they don't exist, does the error go away if you create them manually?

When you're viewing the "www" folder, right click in an empty space, go to "New" from the menu and then "Folder".

A new folder will be created, give it a name of "data".

Repeat the same steps, but give the second folder a name of "internal_data".

First off you need to stop spamming people for help. That isn't going to tide well on here and really isn't allowed. Have some patience.
Hmm, did you just spend $140? I just spent my money and I want results.
I wasn't going to say anything, but Russ does have a point.

In terms of official support from a member of staff, you would only be guaranteed a response if you submitted a ticket to us. Even then, we only guarantee a response between UK office hours (Monday to Friday, 9-5). It's currently 2am on a Sunday morning here on the UK.

I'm happy to try and help you, but please be respectful to other members, and appreciative that anyone helping you on the forum is doing so in their own time.

When you're viewing the "www" folder, right click in an empty space, go to "New" from the menu and then "Folder".

A new folder will be created, give it a name of "data".

Repeat the same steps, but give the second folder a name of "internal_data".
Let me try and okay sorry about that

In terms of official support from a member of staff, you would only be guaranteed a response if you submitted a ticket to us. Even then, we only guarantee a response between UK office hours (Monday to Friday, 9-5). It's currently 2am on a Sunday morning here on the UK.

I'm happy to try and help you, but please be respectful to other members, and appreciative that anyone helping you on the forum is doing so in their own time.
IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you so much!

Wait, as it was creating the tables my internet dropped D:
Once I got it back up I went to the page again and a huge error message popped up starting in "zend"

Top Bottom