Just finished transferring my largest forum

raytrails

You can find it here. It's a forum for snowmobile owners in my country, and it's norwegian language by default. You can't even register because of the Q&A, but from what you see - what do you think?

99% of the members have been very happy with the change from vBulletin 3.8.5.

Thanks, yeah because of the very season specific genre the change had to happen during summertime - and now it'll have time to gain momentum on Google until next winter season (northern hemisphere that is).

It looks excellent - well done - and also good to know your migration from vB went OK and the users like it.

The only thing I don't like - just my opinion - is all the stats in the post bit (under the avatar) which to me is taking XenForo's simplicity away and putting vB's clutter back in :) The effect this has is to add quite a lot of empty space in very short posts. However I am sure your community have got used to that info being there, it will be the same issue for me when I migrate.

I agree with you, Ingenious - haven't it been for the fact that my members are used to have even more information there. As it became now, I see it as a compromise :) anyway, thanks for the feedback - appreciated!

Congrats on the conversion! Glad your members are enjoying the new software so much!

I like your blue style, but would prefer to see a little bit more personalisation myself. Just to lift your site from out of the ordinary a little :)

Refined design, other adjustments and a plethora of add-ons (69 totally) for the new season. Attached is an image of how logged in users see the forum :)

scooterforum.webp

Cor wow I am impressed! I love the way the header logo fades off into the blue just like sky does.

If you want to play a little more I would choose just one element in the "Debatt" area and change the colour to something not-blue. Maybe a sea green or purple - snow has those colours in it.
The complete blue in that area which will exist inside the forums is hard on the eyes. Eyes need some contrasr.
The change could be just a thin line, horizontal ones or border. Just a small thing to help the eye fatigue.

Secondly I can see what Tsin Ju means. But to me the size of the icons is cool. That is welcome because it is unusual.
I think the lines in the icons are too thick. They are like a 'child' look. XF lines are thin and elegant. So they do not fit.
But I guess changing that would not be fun to do.

Minor points - really the design is very striking.

Top Bottom