[JUM] Multi Language

[JUM] Multi Language 2.0.2

No permission to download
Hey, cool. Thanks for taking the time to work on this (y)

Closer to replacing my WoltLab license; good multi-lingual support is the only thing really missing from XenForo.

@Alfa1 are you interested in this?
Im not 100% sure what it does as there is no description. You can set a node to display depending on the language the user has chosen. But its not clear if the page language of the node and its content is also set to the appropriate iso code in the html.
To display nodes only when a specific language is set requires a good language selection interface. The default language selector hidden at the bottom of the page will not work. A clear flag at the top is needed.

It looks interesting. I could use it if the other functions are also available somehow.

Last edited:
Im not 100% sure what it does as there is no description. You can set a node to display depending on the language the user has chosen. But its not clear if the page language of the node and its content is also set to the appropriate iso code in the html.
To display nodes only when a specific language is set requires a good language selection interface. The default language selector hidden at the bottom of the page will not work. A clear flag at the top is needed.

It looks interesting. I could use it if the other functions are also available somehow.
You can see an example implementation of this plugin here.

are you going to add the possibility to separate in some ways languages in "new posts/recent posts/recent activity" too?

are you going to add the possibility to separate in some ways languages in "new posts/recent posts/recent activity" too?
This is much more difficult to do. Maybe I'll do it soon.
But while I promise nothing.
At least our community doesn't need this opportunity yet.

So from what I understand this addon "hides" forums according your chosen language?

If that is the case, this can also be done by creating usergroups and promotions.

Last edited:
So from what I understand this addons "hides" forums according your chosen language?

If that is the case, this can also be done by creating usergroups and promotions.
Before, we have something like this happened. But this is wrong and not an elegant method.

Before, we have something like this happened. But this is wrong and not an elegant method.
I agree that it is not elegant, but at least then you don't have the problem of "new posts/ recent posts" showing. They won't eb shown by default when done by moving people to usergroups.

But yeah, when it comes to language management, xf barely cares, as most forums are monolingual.

Hello. I have found an issue of this add-on.

PHP:
$structure->columns['language_id'] = ['type' => Entity::INT, 'default' => ''];

It's should be 0 cause you are use Integer type.

@Jumuro ,

could you please check that? I stressed Truong more as enough with that for a few days until he looked into it, as it collides with his Social Groups addon (Thanks, @truonglv !).

Again violation of standards:
The following should be adhered to with respect to schema changes:
  1. New tables must be prefixed with xf_ and additionally an identifier for the add-on e.g. xf_mg_.
  2. New columns to core tables must be prefixed with an identifier for the add-on e.g. xfmg_.

Again violation of standards:
The following should be adhered to with respect to schema changes:
  1. New tables must be prefixed with xf_ and additionally an identifier for the add-on e.g. xf_mg_.
  2. New columns to core tables must be prefixed with an identifier for the add-on e.g. xfmg_.
There are no new tables in this add-on but there are additional columns added to core tables so they should be prefixed ideally.

This vastly reduces the possibility of issues should another add-on attempt to add columns with the same names or, significantly, we ever add columns with those names.

There have been many failed upgrades in the past due to poor naming conventions hence why these points exist in the standards and should be addressed.

Top Bottom