1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JS / jQuery Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by EQnoble, Apr 20, 2013.

1. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I am making an addon and at this point and I am trying to figure out what would be the best way to achieve my needs and short of making another function to do this as a process I can't figure out what to do.

I believe I should be able to to just modify the the contents of .specificCenterWrapper once populated but all attempts at that fail in a way where the complete script still runs with no errors but the content of an element which I am trying to modify does not change

supposing this....

$('.specificContentWrapper').load(derivedUrl+ '.randWrapper .randContentWrapper:lt(2)');
    What would be the best way to go about getting the text inside of .specificCenterWrapper truncated after X characters?
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Never mind

solved my own issue by not bothering to snip off anything rather I just captured the first paragraph and adjusted to the layout to fit that usage.