I decided to use a jQuery Snowfall Plugin and just import it to my XenForo theme. I'm going to give step-by-step instructions for anyone who isn't tech savvy but still wants a falling snow effect.
- Download the "snowfall.jquery.min.js" file from here: https://github.com/loktar00/JQuery-Snowfall/tree/master/dist
- Upload that file to your server using FTP and place it in the /js/xenforo folder.
- In your style, edit the template called "logo_block"
- At the end of the template, add this:
<xen:require js="js/xenforo/snowfall.jquery.min.js" /> <script> $(document).snowfall(); </script>
- Save template and see how it looks.
Couple of things to note: If you uploaded the file to a different folder, make sure to change the location in the code you add. If you wish to add options to the snowfall, you can view the available options at the Github page here.
Some options are to change the way the snow looks, use shadows, use sprites as the snow, and even specify a div for the snow to collect on.
Credit to loktar00 for making the jquery. You can view his website here: http://www.somethinghitme.com/