jQuery 2.0 Kills IE 6,7,8 Support

Key detail missing: Defense contractor. There could very well be blueprints classified as "Top Secret". One simply can not digitize all those blueprints because they feel like it. You still need to develop proper access controls and security controls to protect that information from people without proper clearance. Or from foreign national governments

Let's not forget we do not a want a repeat of the Chengdu J-20, which strangely resembles the F-22 and F-35 :rolleyes:

Which is why you use two or three ciphers cascading in an XTS operation, (AES-Twofish-Serpent) with a hash algorithm like whirlpool or RipeMD. They could also not have Sensitive Security Information and Top level classified files on publicly accessible networks... Just sayin'

As software development company owner, I see the value in making sure software we develop is not co-dependent on third party sources (or at least keeping the relationship to a minimum). However, as I'm sure you would agree, large companies that are not tech savvy, do not understand the technical aspects and dangers of relying on third party applications. While it may be painful and expensive at first, companies need to update their infrastructure to make maintenance and future updating much easier, not to mention security. Look at how long it has taken some organizations to migrate away from Windows XP and IE6/7.
(y)

IT Departments can make recommendations, but normally in the end, you're right it is management. And wise people in management (and higher) in very successful companies know better.

What do you consider a successful company? I think you'd be surprised at how many companies use legacy software. There's little incentive to upgrade when stuff works for the purpose it was intended for. Jane being able to see some pretty rounded corners on some web site is not one of them.

I find the whole argument somewhat ironic, anyway. The Internet is built on legacy software, as is the (modern) operating system you're using, and the list goes on. The world is not so black and white.

I'm not overly surprised. That is probably just some old forgotten about PC, hooked up to a projector in a cupboard somewhere. No one complains about what software is on it as it probably is just used for PowerPoint presentations and other presentation work.

Obviously it'll get flagged up when someone goes in and says, hey this website doesn't work anymore... :p

I'm not overly surprised. That is probably just some old forgotten about PC, hooked up to a projector in a cupboard somewhere. No one complains about what software is on it as it probably is just used for PowerPoint presentations and other presentation work.

Obviously it'll get flagged up when someone goes in and says, hey this website doesn't work anymore... :p

Was going to say. And all the employees of NASA have been warned by touching the xp machine they are prone to the mars effects (look at my avatar for those adverse affects ). *thinks this is the random thoughts thread*

Mmm... Mars Effect...

mars+bar.jpg

homer_drool_1.gif

Top Bottom